Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Choppy Playback with Vixen 3...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Choppy Playback with Vixen 3...

I would definitely turn off the controllers while sequencing and running the preview. That will alleviate some load in high channel counts. Also when testing, if you do not need to see the sequencer, minimizing it while playing can alleviate load as well. It does not have to draw/scroll the effects as it plays. Actually running the show from the scheduler, should not have the overhead of the preview or sequencer so it generally performs better.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I have also noticed this behavior after remotely accessing the Vixen 3 computer using Remote Desktop. A reboot of the Vixen 3 computer solves this problem, however, it is unusable until the reboot is performed.

I assume it is because of a driver conflict in windows.
    Jason C

Post Thanks / Like

i have this issue as well. i get a lot of output lag. i have e-mailed you about it bill. The issue remained even after upgrading to 32 gigs of memory in my show pc. The only fix i could find to work for the year was to cut my megatree in half and duplicate each pixel, so that i had less universes. It has killed most of my lag and will have to work for the rest of the year

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm having the same problem as described in this thread, using the latest stable version (and trying the development version didn't help beyond about 1fps increase).

I can actually see in the "Instrumentation" window that the output frame rates drop considerably (to about 3-4 Hz) when it is running the effects. Is this simply a sheer CPU/RAM issue or is there something I can do to fix this?

I'm running the 64bit version on an 8 core 2.4GHz i7 with 8GB of RAM. Total number of pixels is about 4,400.

I have 3 main pixel features and I'm running nothing but a single effect on each of these 3 groups when I have the problem. Fresh sequence, nothing else sequenced, I just drop a random effect onto each of the 3 pixel elements and I can immediately see the issue. Any ideas/solutions?

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a pretty strong system...
    If you can share a zip of your V3 data directory, I'll try it here and see if anything jumps out at me.

Best,
    Bill L.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... we have got to fix this! I knew we had problems with lots of elements/effects but this setup is really eye opening for me (and a great stress test for us working on this next year). I loaded it on my 1.6GHz i7 laptop and it was swamped. I loaded on my desktop (i7 at 4GHz) and it was still swamped. I don't have a silver bullet to offer you except to try and minimize the number of effects. If some of these were imported from V2, others have reported great improvements by replacing as much as possible with native V3 effects.

Sorry I don't have more to offer,
    Bill L.

Post Thanks / Like

OK thanks for the input. For the record I saw earlier about importing from V2 (which I had done) - so I tried to make a new fresh sequence. On the new sequence I only added a single native V3 effect on each of the 3 pixel elements over about a 10 second time period and the problem was the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also suffering from the same problem, Wife is getting very stressed (xmas party this coming Saturday).

Only have 9,000 channels, Very few pixel are duplicated in multiple elements. Running an I7 laptop, win 7 64, 8Gb RAM (never get above 7.15 used).

I have attached a copy of my Vixen Directory in my google drive below:-

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XM&usp=sharing

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking I'll buy an SSD & a RAM upgrade for the laptop tomorrow and try that out. Here's hoping.

Most frustrating is that they play back perfectly from sequencer, even if I load up the next one while playing one.

If only their was a k/board shortcut for changing the audio source. Then I could just use a basic script to open each one and play as appropriate.

Cheers,
    Rowan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle79 View Post
    I'm also suffering from the same problem, Wife is getting very stressed (xmas party this coming Saturday).

Only have 9,000 channels, Very few pixel are duplicated in multiple elements. Running an I7 laptop, win 7 64, 8Gb RAM (never get above 7.15 used).

I have attached a copy of my Vixen Directory in my google drive below:-

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XM&usp=sharing

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking I'll buy an SSD & a RAM upgrade for the laptop tomorrow and try that out. Here's hoping.

Most frustrating is that they play back perfectly from sequencer, even if I load up the next one while playing one.

If only their was a k/board shortcut for changing the audio source. Then I could just use a basic script to open each one and play as appropriate.

Cheers,
    Rowan
    don't bother with the ram upgrade. I am at 32 gigs on an i7 and having the same issues. I am looking at task Manger right now and vixen is using 20 gigs of memory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast