Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PVC frames for ground border pixels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PVC frames for ground border pixels

They're to add a tee for a riser to an existing line without cutting the line. You clean, sand, prime, and glue the tee onto the line, then once the glue is set, you drill a hole into the pipe and add the riser to the threaded end of the saddle tee.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the Tees are originally used to create a "tap" from the pipe, I wouldn't expect them to be able to handle repeated connect/disconnect.
    However, they appear to be fine in the photos. Have you had many of them break? How often do you connect/disconnect?
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using these for probably 10 years now for various things. I bet I've snapped and unsnapped some of these a 100 times without issue. I love them! To be fair, the ones i use are 3/4" to either a 1/2" or 3/4" pipe thread.

Louie

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Louie. I've been looking for something like this (I have the HC Lexan clips in the test at this time). If they can be put up and taken down often, then I'll jump on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Since the Tees are originally used to create a "tap" from the pipe, I wouldn't expect them to be able to handle repeated connect/disconnect.
    However, they appear to be fine in the photos. Have you had many of them break? How often do you connect/disconnect?
    I think I've only broken 1 out of a few hundred that I use. I forget how many years since I switched from the old method. Probably 4 now. Mine are painted which helps a bit with the UV degradation. I put my frames out before Halloween. Then adjust placement between Halloween and Christmas and then take them down towards the end of the winter when the weather starts to get nicer. They're out for a good 6 months per year and get about two snap/unsnap cycles per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    I think I've only broken 1 out of a few hundred that I use. I forget how many years since I switched from the old method. Probably 4 now. Mine are painted which helps a bit with the UV degradation. I put my frames out before Halloween. Then adjust placement between Halloween and Christmas and then take them down towards the end of the winter when the weather starts to get nicer. They're out for a good 6 months per year and get about two snap/unsnap cycles per year.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Jon. As usually, logic and practice don't always coincide, hence the question. Good to know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234