Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wondering

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: wondering

Welcome to the hobby. With a dirkcheap ssr you can run quite a few led strings. Or just a few strings of mini lights. One of the gotchas of going the DIY route is that you're going to need to learn a bit about how all this stuff works. Not to worry though, theres plenty of people her ready and willing to help out. That's one of the things I love about this hobby. Before I got into this hobby I didn't know how to work ohms law or how to code a micro controller. Now I'm rather comfortable with all of this stuff and can work a lot of magic with that knowledge in hand. When you ask questions, you'll find that people usually don't direct you to a product or tell you what to use, but rather they'll tell you the kind if things you'll need to think about to make your own informed decision.
    By the way, I'm also in the Chicago area if you need any local help let me know. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Just outside Milwaukee here if you need help also.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks LightUp, CaptKirk and Jchuchla for you help and info. I really appreciate that. Jchuchla thanks for offering your help we keep in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Uilnaydar, also thank your for for offering your help!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

And the Target energy-saver lights use about 1/6 A for a 100-ct string. This was an incandescent mini-string from a few years back, I don't know if they are still available or if they've been replaced with Philips or some other brand.
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12