Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E1.31 Bridge Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E1.31 Bridge Help

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    1) When I power it up I don't see ANY lights are visible sign that it's doing anything
    You should at least see the one lone Red LED come on instantly after applying power... If not then check your power jumper is correct for the voltage applied and that its working. If you don't even get just the red LED something is wrong with the power (Or maybe the LED is installed backwards?) Check the voltages on the test pads to make sure you are getting the correct voltages.

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed LEDs are correct, Checked power output at teminals. I'll check TP1 and TP2 when I get home. I'm assuming there should be 5v across them.
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed LEDs are correct, Checked power output at teminals. I'll check TP1 and TP2 when I get home. I'm assuming there should be 5v across them.
    Pads are labeled 5V 3.3V and GND. Make sure you have the correct voltage on each.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

I just realized, my board is the original 4 port RPM V1.1 board. There are no test pads. Does anyone have any old documenation for this board. I can't seem to find it in the Wiki.
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

I just realized, my board is the original 4 port RPM V1.1 board. There are no test pads. Does anyone have any old documenation for this board. I can't seem to find it in the Wiki.
    Someone around here might have a copy, but that was only stored on RPM's site and he took it down. I don't have his board anymore so cannot check it out, but I don't think it had a power LED so no lights is not an issue until after the FW is loaded...

First off, this won't cause what you are seeing, but do you have the right EEPROM file?

What voltage power supply are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

using a 5v 5a power supply. I'm getting about 5.94v at the input terminals, 5.93 across the 5v regulator but only 2.64v across the 3.3v regulator.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Someone around here might have a copy, but that was only stored on RPM's site and he took it down. I don't have his board anymore so cannot check it out, but I don't think it had a power LED so no lights is not an issue until after the FW is loaded...
    this reminded me, i have been meaning to look around to see if i had a copy. here is what i have.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Thanks michaelc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

still no joy. plugged it in, put a lan cable in and nothing happens, No lights whatsoever. I'm gonna lookup the paralex specs to see what voltage is suppossed to be where.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

using a 5v 5a power supply. I'm getting about 5.94v at the input terminals, 5.93 across the 5v regulator but only 2.64v across the 3.3v regulator.
    Looks like the brown out voltage for the Propeller is 2.7V. Look for shorts or issues on the 3.3V lines (Prop, WizNet), you need to get that up closer to 3.3V.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks dave. I'm gonna go play in the workshop tonight. BTW, will your latest firmware work on the V1.1 board? if not any idea where I can get the latest firmware for the 1.1 4 port that will work?
    Michael

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast