Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: REQ: MAC OSX version

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: REQ: MAC OSX version

Quote Originally Posted by sallz0r View Post
    Let me know what you think.
    As an "I only ever use windows for sequencing" full-time linux user, I think it stinks. ;)

That being said, I understand and support your decision. I don't think the effort would be worth it from your (and your team's) perspective. I just had to throw that in there since you wanted to know what we all think. :D
    [url]http://christmasonquiethills.com/[/url]
    [url]http://diychristmas.org/vb1/index.php[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sallz0r View Post
    but purely because it's been written in .NET and it's not easily portable.
    Oh so true. I totally believe that Microsoft created .NET primarily to make it has hard as possible to create cross platform applications and in the process made writing memory efficient and fast running code nearly impossible. Remember that Microsoft is the company that got slapped by the Justus Department for using undocumented API so competitors could not get access to the same function MS programs used.

Quote Originally Posted by celtman123 View Post
    finally got to download WB but... it saved as an .exe that OSX won't open
    WineBottler saved as an .exe??? WineBottler is a OS X application so the file should not be a .exe.

Post Thanks / Like

yes, I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

the link above takes me to adf.ly to download, then downloads as Setup_ODM.exe

Post Thanks / Like

wait.... just figured it out. it was an ad page, didn't notice the <skip> button on the top of the page. downloading the correct file now. will see how it goes

Post Thanks / Like

OK, WB downloaded and running. seems to be taking a while to compile Vixen though... I may have the settings wrong, but I'll wait a bit to see if thee progress bar moves

Post Thanks / Like

well, WD is still compiling... the .app is up to 10 gb so far

I tried it using the "This is the actual program, copy it to the App Bundle" first... compiled quickly, but crashed.
    so I reset it and now compiling with the "This is the actual program, copy it and all files that are in the same folder" setting... 11.05 gb and counting
    Last edited by celtman123; 11-06-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you ran into what happen to me once. Make sure you don't put the app that WB creates inside the folder containing HLS which it's building from. Don't ask me why but it seems to keep trying to load its self into its self and the file just keeps growing. Just place the WB app on the desktop outside of the HLS folder.

I got up over 10 before I figured that one out. Funny thing is that I was creating it on the desk top but then by accident I put it in the HLS folder one time. That's when it just kept growing.

The other thing that may bite you is where Vixen keeps it's working files. You want to redirect them making sure they are outside the app bundle. That's the reason I needed to ask Joe to add setting the working folder in HLS.

We could setup a remote session and I can help you though it. Just let me know.
    Last edited by timon; 11-06-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tip. it's up over 23 gigs now. going to stop it and start it over

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know you were up. If you want we could setup a remote session a little later, like 3 hours from now, as I'm going back to bed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast