Thread: Vixen scheduler not turning the lights off...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen scheduler not turning the lights off...

I am finally to the point of scheduling a program. I have a sequence that does my basic blinky flashy that I have put into a program and then I have the Vixen scheduler run that program looping during the show times. It starts and stops right on time. The problem I am running into is that when it stops, the sequence stops exactly where it is and those lights stay on indefinitly. I have to manually go into Vixen and use the test function to turn them all off. Is this a problem with my setup or just something in the nature of the program? I could schedule another program to end right after my main one to turn everything off but I thought I would ask first before going to that trouble.
    Thanks all.
    Making it bright since 1989...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen scheduler not turning the lights off...

I just found a few comments about this in the "It wants to be" thread so it sounds like this is a common issue. I'll go ahead with adding a closing program timer to insure everything is turned off unless someone suggests a better alternative.
    Making it bright since 1989...

Post Thanks / Like

I added .1 second each sequence with the lights being all off in that last square. I have all mine playing in a loop, so I don't know which one will finish last. Worked like a charm. You could do a closing program, but I think Vixen is set up to fininish the last song, so you would have to add a few minutes to your normal closing time to be sure both programs are not trying to operate at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

My show runs 59:40, just 20 seconds short of an hour. I used the scheduler to start it at 5:30 pm and repeat it every 60 minutes until 10:00 p.m. That means it runs 5:30:00 - 6:29:40 and then restarts at 6:30 again. But it ends at 10:00, which means that it will complete the currently-running program (9:30 - 10:29:40) but not start a new one. Then at 10:30 a new program is set to start and it runs my final end-of-day voiceover/music with no repeats.

The starts and ends of each sequence has about a half-second of cells set to 0% to force everything off (I set the intensity of all cells before I even start sequencing a new song). I also pad the music for each sequence with a couple seconds of "dead air" so that when you set a sequence to the same length of the music, there's plenty of room for resetting things as well as giving Vixen and any controllers time to reset (should that be necessary). The pad also helps pace the show so that when you assemble the sequences into a program, you get a nice flow between each sequence. Every 15 minutes or so there's a 10-15 second voiceover message mixed in there, too, using the same padding technique.

Just a couple ideas I thought I'd toss into the mix...

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.