Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3 and Arduino

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 and Arduino

With an UNO, you only need the USB cable. The arduino sdk will have a serial driver for the UNO's serial implementation for whatever platform you're on. On an UNO there is an atmega8u2 (in addition to the atmega 328) that does the usb-serial work for the UNO so that you don't need any additional hardware. I'm not sure on the Duemillenove or others.
    [url]http://christmasonquiethills.com/[/url]
    [url]http://diychristmas.org/vb1/index.php[/url]

2. Thanks kbarre123 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it again a few nights ago. And it looked like it was working when the serial was configured to 9600 baud for the UNO. Also when I was referring to DUO, I meant Duemillenove. So on the Duemillenove it was only working for me reading at 2400 baud and on the UNO, it was working only when set to 9600 baud for the serial read. I may have mixed up the boards in my testing but I'm pretty sure it worked. I'll try it out again just to be sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Do i have to do any programming to my new arduino since i am using vixen to play the songs and do the light show????? If so can any one help me with this. i will be making this arduino a 12 channel with ssr's. please help. I have 3 songs done in vixen and want to get this baby going asap. thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Im having very mixed results with Vixen 3.0 with my Due's no RS232 adapter needed it works fine over the onboard programming port with 2.1 and 2.5 but with 3.0 it just goes nuts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by max_pc_user View Post
    Im having very mixed results with Vixen 3.0 with my Due's no RS232 adapter needed it works fine over the onboard programming port with 2.1 and 2.5 but with 3.0 it just goes nuts
    I only partially follow the V3 stuff, but V2.1 and V2.5 you set a sequence update limit. I belive V3 updates as fast as your computer can handle. Maybe the RS232 or Arduino can't keep up?
    [url]http://christmasonquiethills.com/[/url]
    [url]http://diychristmas.org/vb1/index.php[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

i have set up my controller in vixen, and with the help of this forum i now have the code in my arduino uno to run the 12 channels. But i cant get the vixen 3 to trigger my relays. i dont get it i have changed everything please help im about to go crazy doing this. thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had absolutely no luck getting vixen 3.0 to trigger my arduino properly. try vixen 2 or vixen plus. i sent you a PM before i read this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm am just starting down this Arduino path, but I did a great deal of research on this stuff. It would seem there IS a great deal of difference in the serial communications of the UNO vs DUO. You may need to use a different library or read the data from a different I/O pin.

From the Arduino web page:

The Arduino Uno has a number of facilities for communicating with a computer, another Arduino, or other microcontrollers. The ATmega328 provides UART TTL (5V) serial communication, which is available on digital pins 0 (RX) and 1 (TX). An ATmega16U2 on the board channels this serial communication over USB and appears as a virtual com port to software on the computer. The '16U2 firmware uses the standard USB COM drivers, and no external driver is needed. However, on Windows, a .inf file is required. The Arduino software includes a serial monitor which allows simple textual data to be sent to and from the Arduino board. The RX and TX LEDs on the board will flash when data is being transmitted via the USB-to-serial chip and USB connection to the computer (but not for serial communication on pins 0 and 1).

A SoftwareSerial library allows for serial communication on any of the Uno's digital pins.

The ATmega328 also supports I2C (TWI) and SPI communication. The Arduino software includes a Wire library to simplify use of the I2C bus; see the documentation for details. For SPI communication, use the SPI library.
    Last edited by kychristmas; 11-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    No display again in 2016
    Just too much going on to get things going the way I want. So continuing the hiatus
    www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natale View Post
    ...and on the UNO, it was working only when set to 9600 baud for the serial read.
    Just FYI, I've got my Uno running at 57600 baud, which is high as Vixen 2 will go.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast