Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W5500 driver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: W5500 driver

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBen View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me, its not like I wrote the W5200 driver or something. ;)
    Had I had your email address handy you would have been CC'ed. LOL. Actually figured you might have already knew!

Post Thanks / Like

Still requires a lot of discrete components. 20+ resistors, 20+ caps, crystal, inductor, transformer. The transformer used in the 550IO is pricey. Wiznet's reference design varies somewhat from the transformer manufacturers data sheet also. A neat project might be a 5500-based pin-compatible replacement for the WIZ820IO.
    The Sandevices E680/E681/E682 Pixel Controllers, part of the[SIZE=3] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=orange]I[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]X[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]E[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]L[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]O[/COLOR][COLOR=red]J[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]E[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]C[/COLOR][COLOR=red]T[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.sandevices.com"]www.sandevices.com[/URL][/SIZE] <-email jim at

Post Thanks / Like

Finally heard back from wiznet today about the differences between the W5200 and new W5500. See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I understand the new SPI protocol.
    The Sandevices E680/E681/E682 Pixel Controllers, part of the[SIZE=3] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=orange]I[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]X[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]E[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]L[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]O[/COLOR][COLOR=red]J[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]E[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]C[/COLOR][COLOR=red]T[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohnz View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the new SPI protocol.
    Yeah I'm trying to wrap my head around the "Block Select Bit" portion. It seems that its just a shortcut to get to the registers for a given socket. So I think the deal is you select the Block [socket] then you offset into memory for the register you want.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you control the transfer size? Just stop sending clocks when done? And is the bit order reversed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohnz View Post
    How do you control the transfer size? Just stop sending clocks when done?
    Seems like there are two options, fixed and variable. For variable it knows to stop when the chip select pin state changes.

And is the bit order reversed?
    That seems to be true.

Ugh I wish they would stop reinventing the wheel every time they release.
    Last edited by DynamoBen; 10-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a dev board on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Does somebody have a working W5500 driver (or maybe working spi read/write functions)? Im trying to get a webserver with W5500 working. Im also using an atxmega128a1 for that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a working W5500 server for MSP430. With few small changes, it can be used on other platforms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast