Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Developers, the people who diy hardware

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Developers, the people who diy hardware

We're not worthy! We're not worthy! as Wayne & Garth used to say.

You guys rock!

Me without you guys thinking this stuff up = no blinky flashy, just boring static display.

Me with you guys leading the way = 128 dimmable channels in '08!

Wooo Hooo!

Thanks a million to all you guys who think up this stuff!
    2 Ren 64s,5 Ren24s Going to Pixels in 2015!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an immense amount of respect for our developers. I know that these guys have a HUGE amount of experience and in some cases a gift if you will. As far as me developing something,... Thats kinda like asking a guy whose dabbled in music to become a rock star. Oh ya, I'll be the Al Bundy looking Neandertal behind the curtain covered garage going "I knew I could do it" as I feverishly flicked the light switch. First on, then off, sometimes slow and oh ya (Big finale) sometimes fast. The whole time watching carefully to see when people try to tune their radios just so I can start to whistle silent night as if on que. This all as I know I can't walk and chew gum,.... "oh who am I kidding."
    "P E G!!!! I can't seem to find my recent copy of Big'Uns."
    [url]http://www.vixenlights.com/download/vixen_2(2)/banners/vixensig256.gif[/url]
    [url=http://sawmillchristmas.com]sawmillchristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixeldigger View Post
    Excellent, I love it...
    Telerobotics project:
    [url]http://control.kennedytechnology.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

NO ability to do anything electronicly speeking (probably even spelled it wrong).

Thats OK Gizmo i always though us people who couldnt develop a sneeze without major instructions were elektronikally diseasable
    Last edited by synnie; 03-11-2008 at 06:04 AM. Reason: pushed the wrong button

Post Thanks / Like

Great points Macrosil. I have to give my appreciation to the talented developers. I only wish I knew how to do a fraction of what they are capable of. I am here to help in any way and maybe I can learn. I support every aspect of what everyone here does. Keep up the good work. If you need help, I will do what I can. You all deserve to be recognized.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WWNF911 View Post
    As far as me developing something,... Thats kinda like asking a guy whose dabbled in music to become a rock star. Oh ya, I'll be the Al Bundy looking Neandertal behind the curtain covered garage going "I knew I could do it" as I feverishly flicked the light switch. First on, then off, sometimes slow and oh ya (Big finale) sometimes fast. The whole time watching carefully to see when people try to tune their radios just so I can start to whistle silent night as if on que. This all as I know I can't walk and chew gum,.... "oh who am I kidding."
    "P E G!!!! I can't seem to find my recent copy of Big'Uns."
    ROFL!

While we were on our annual "drive to look at the lights" a few years ago, we saw our first animated display and I decided that we were going to do this someday. After looking at some of the commercially available controllers, we decided that there was no way that we were going to spend that much money. Being a long-time electronics experimenter, I decided that I would try to design a controller myself. After building a few prototypes, I soon realized that I was in over my head. Then, while doing some research on the Internet I stumbled upon computerchristmas.com and then this forum. I knew right away that I found the right place. So began my addiction to this stuff. I am very grateful to all of the developers who have selflessly donated their time and intellect to this community. Hopefully with the knowledge that I gain from here, I will someday be able to contribute a design of my own.

I would also like to commend you Brian for creating and maintaining the conduit by which all of this great talent is disseminated. I think that you are doing a great job of being fair but not overbearing. I have been a moderator on a few forums, so I have an idea of how difficult it can be, especially as the forum gets larger and you have such a wide variety of opinions and personalities to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm … a little of this … a little of that … some smoke … a few chants (maybe curses) … "Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble" … "Developers?" … No! -- There be Wizards! Of which, I am not able to even qualify as the lowest of apprentices. I bow to you Oh Great and Might Wizards.
    And, after a bit of Shakespeare, a quote one of my favorite bands (Dr. Hook), "Thank you, oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"
    The world would be a much darker place without you guys. Again, Thank You for all the smiles and light you help bring into the world.
    One small candle flickering when the wind blows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kx5h View Post
    There be Wizards!
    There better not be wizards playing on my designs.. I wonder how i build a TSO song detector to shut down stuff.

:-)
    [B][FONT=Arial]stell[COLOR="#FF0000"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="#008000"]s[/COLOR][COLOR="#0000CD"]c[/COLOR]apes[/FONT][/B] - LED lighting solutions for the Prosumer, Commercial and Entertainment Industries.
    Doing pixels first since 2009 with [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAt6A98lXQw"]just another megatree.[/URL]
    Follow us on Facebook at [url]www.facebook.com/stellascapes[/url]
    web: [url]www.stellascapes.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Well I thinks it's time again to thank all the members that have devoted there countless hours developing the things that make DIYC go Blinky Flashy, there are quite a few of them out there and I personally want to thank them for all there time spent making things work for the DIYC community........:D

Thanks
    Last edited by Mactayl; 02-05-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mactayl View Post
    Well I thinks it's time again to thank all the members that have devoted there countless hours developing the things that make DIYC go Blinky Flashy, there are quite a few of them out there and I personally want to thank them for all there time spent making things work for the DIYC community........:D

Thanks
    i too would love to show my gratuity to all the members who engineered, created, and devoted their meaningful lives to help others enjoy what they enjoy....you didn't have to do it, any of it, but yet you did so thank you sooooo much for all that you have done
    [B][I]MY Favorite Links:[/I][/B]
    [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page"][COLOR="red"]Christmas Wiki[/COLOR][/URL] | [URL="https://www.facebook.com/dancingofthelights"][COLOR="red"]My Facebook Page[/COLOR][/URL] | [URL="https://www.calvertimage.com"][COLOR="red"]My Website[/COLOR][/URL]
    144 - Renard48lsd channels
    272 - channels in use
    40,000 lights synchronized and static

50% assembled and displayed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast