Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting the hang of Vix 3, but having tons of trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Getting the hang of Vix 3, but having tons of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    I'm still having troubles with the preview. My 24 string pixel mega tree works fine, yet two strings of pixels that line a fence cause the preview to lock up. I cannot make a matrix using the smart objects - they don't work. Same with my pixel mini trees.
    Some of the issues you are encountering have been resolved with the latest rc.. if you would, see if the latest from http://www.vixenlights.com/builds is any better?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gizmohd View Post
    Some of the issues you are encountering have been resolved with the latest rc.. if you would, see if the latest from http://www.vixenlights.com/builds is any better?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    Still the same.

Post Thanks / Like

So I decided to attempt an actual sequence. Using the wipe function on my arches it works fine for the first attempt. Any minute adjustments to the sequence and the preview no longer works.

Copy/Paste causes a lock up as well
    Last edited by tjetzer; 09-10-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I take that back. Copy/Paste just took a while can caused Vixen 3 to be unresponsive for a bit.

Also, I got distracted for a few minutes and didn't interact with Vixen for a bit. I hit Play and the preview didn't work, even though it worked fine before I stepped away.

I restarted Vixen and the preview worked for about 6 seconds and locked up mid-sequence.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just one of the items that happens to me as well. Preview just stops and Vixen has to be killed in order to try again.

Also, to the developers, there are times I am able to kill the preview window _without_ closing Vixen. In normal operation that is not supposed to happen... This happens when the preview window is hung.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we've found where that happens... and should have that resolved by the time the official 3.0.8 release happens in the next couple days...
    Thanks for your testing and patience!

Post Thanks / Like

Having issues reverting from the directx acceleration to normal use. Even though the preview configuration looks fine, when displaying in the preview window the bottom and right side of the image is cut off. So I created a new bgnd img with an extra 20% space on bottom and right side of image. This image will display properly but the objects placed are off by the same 20%. In other words objects have to be placed in the bottom blank space in preview config to show properly in the preview window.

But if switch back to 2D directx, then preview shows image with extra spacevand objects are not placed properly.

I'm seeing this consistently no matter what bgnd image I choose. Btw, fresh install on a phys PC, no rdp or VM involved.

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried 3.08.18. Now the effects show up blank and nothing in the preview works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    I just tried 3.08.18. Now the effects show up blank and nothing in the preview works.
    I noticed today that in.18 I've been able to crash the preview output fairly easy, not sure which effects cause it, but once you do you cannot see anything in the preview. You should be able to see some stuff in the error.log file which will be helpful for the team in finding your issue.
    [URL="http://www.komby.com"]http://www.komby.com[/URL]
    Facebook: [url]http://www.facebook.com/com.komby[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

I spent about 2 hours using .23 and had pretty good luck. There wasn't as many lock ups and crashes but I noticed some effects still had issues.

Not trying .28 I'm having a ton of trouble with lock ups again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast