Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: HDPE Arches

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HDPE Arches

PEX at night. Bad videos, cheap camera, sorry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S69ufHHUig

Post Thanks / Like

Here is just an idea of what I did with 1 3/4" HDPE tubing which I bought 100 ft for $146.88 , delivered to my home from US Plastic

Arch Test 1

Arch Test 2

Arch Test 3

I made my own stands with pvc parts I purchased at Lowes / Home Depot and utilized WS2811 Pixel strips which I ordered from Aliexpress. I have alss used their Pixel Strings as well with no issues.

Also been looking at incorporating some of the Meteor shower rain tubes into the show as well.

Last edited by drm1963; 09-30-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by didjareally View Post
    Yup looks just like the roll I received, wasn't impressed that they only had shrink wrap in a few places and the rest of the tubing was exposed to abuse from being moved around from trailer to trailer. My tubing had some pretty deep gouges in it and alot of scuffs and dirt that had to be cleaned off. Also had the same with the shipping, I emailed before I ordered and got a estimate of $6. I replied making sure that number was correct, they said yes. I went as far as emailing back a third time to explain that I had heard of other people getting a low shipping estimate and then getting hit with an invoice 10 times that. They said it would be $6-10 and they would stand behind their quote. I ordered, FedEx Freight delivered a couple days later, and sure enough a couple weeks later I received a bill from Fedex for $67 and some change. Emailed McMaster about it and they said they didn't realize it would have to be shipped truck freight when they made the quote (i tried telling them, they didn't listen) and that they would cover the cost of the shipping, which they did as I followed up with Fedex a few days later. I'm sure at some point they are bound to correct this shipping ordeal, as they can't be that blind with their finances. I paid $102 after tax for the 50' roll, they paid $67 for the shipping, which leaves them with about $35. *shrug* I would have felt bad but I tried 3 times to explain to them that there was no way they were shipping that for $6.

Glad I found your post! I had my order intercepted as 10ft cost $67 to ship (Wanted to test it out before committing). Had a new order placed for 100' as I'd hate to pay that shipping cost twice.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829