Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pixel DCSSR From DIYLEDExpress.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel DCSSR From DIYLEDExpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by matree View Post
    Got it.

A jumper across the top two pins of the opto seems like the best/easiest/cleanest method. Sounds like a jumper pad there would be nice to include if there is ever a v1.4
    I actually considered a jumper, but left it out as I thought it would add confusion. Could just see someone installing it and then bridging their 5V and 12V power supplies.... Least this way you are aware of what is going on and is not just a wops.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some of these boards and want to use them with 12v pixel strands. The two pads at the bottom of the board labeled 5+ are not labled "in" and "out". Does this mean that it does not matter which 5+ pad you use for your input or output power wire on the pixel strand?

Also, these pads are still used even when using 12v pixels correct? I think I understand that you just swap resister values in R9 and R11 but keep using those two pads for input power from the 12v strand. The power coming into the DC IN is strictly for whatever is switching for the three channels is unrelated correct?

Thanks for the clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idleup View Post
    I just bought some of these boards and want to use them with 12v pixel strands. The two pads at the bottom of the board labeled 5+ are not labled "in" and "out". Does this mean that it does not matter which 5+ pad you use for your input or output power wire on the pixel strand?

Also, these pads are still used even when using 12v pixels correct? I think I understand that you just swap resister values in R9 and R11 but keep using those two pads for input power from the 12v strand. The power coming into the DC IN is strictly for whatever is switching for the three channels is unrelated correct?

Thanks for the clarification
    The two pads are tied together so it really does not matter what is In or Out. There are just two pads so you can attach two sets of pigtails. The only ones that matter are the Data In/Out.

Yes you use those power pads for 12V it is just labeled 5V since that is what the BOM resistors are set for, going to 12V you need to change those two.

The Power on the SSR side is isolated from the Pixel power side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matree View Post
    Got it.
    A jumper across the top two pins of the opto seems like the best/easiest/cleanest method. Sounds like a jumper pad there would be nice to include if there is ever a v1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
    I actually considered a jumper, but left it out as I thought it would add confusion. Could just see someone installing it and then bridging their 5V and 12V power supplies.... Least this way you are aware of what is going on and is not just a wops.

Sorry to rehash this but I just wanted to confirm since I have read through this thread several time and am probably overthinking it but if I understand correctly, if you wish to run the board AND the connected dumb LED's with the same 12V power supply all you need to do is jumper pins 1 & 16 on the Opto and do NOT feed power via the 5V terminal on the lower section of the board?

All other components remain unchanged.

Does this look/sound correct?

jumper.jpg

Thank you,

Shane

Post Thanks / Like

I tried replacing the resistors on the board for 12V operation and the outputs never worked. I was getting 5v on the 2811 but +12V on the outputs, 12v on the opto, and flickering on the pixel output. I then went back to stock resistors and the jumper from regulator pin3 and 5v pad still nothing. I read another post of someone having the same issue with 3 of their boards and no resolution as the thread ends. If I were to try this board again I would do the jumper method leaving the 5v pads empty and +12v pixel power externally connected from the board. This is the only 12v powered pixel method that I have seen confirmed to work on the forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12