Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AZ Mini - Official Invitation - Please Respond if Attending

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AZ Mini - Official Invitation - Please Respond if Attending

Slighty off topic but i wanted to see if i can grab some places to go as im in phoenix area for xmas this year and love to look at some displays
    180 - Renard Channels
    1-Megatree 1000 pixels
    1-CoroStar
    4-Coro-candycanes
    5-North poles

2013 Show playlist youtuber

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtgwBggdilg&list=PLtElNMmaq6ZvIjvIX_9ocnD52-DcdR1Eq[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CopperCreekLights,
    This is my First year with blinky-flashy...it would be great to have a group started here in Tucson. I am in Midtown.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in ... 90%l sure if finances and health allows.
    I use HLS and would be happy to guide anyone interested in getting it up and running for the first time.
    Last edited by jcmarksafb; 12-24-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: update

Post Thanks / Like

Cool you are both using HLS...I've been running my show with LOR but this year I added a 12 ribbon tree but I didn't use CCR's...it's all DIY with china led strips and a J1SYS P12R. I started getting frustrated with LOR when I branched outside their hardware. I've actually been watching some of the HLS training videos the past couple days so I might be trying to use it for next year. I like a lot of the concepts I'm seeing in the videos. Right now I'm stuck trying to figure out if there's a way to draw my 12 ribbon tree in the preview without drawing each string manually. So far I figured out how to draw a 360 degree tree but not a 2 dimensional tree like mine.

Here's a couple videos I've processed so far for this year. Both these songs I paid for the Superstar sequence and then I sequenced my arches. The rest of the yard was done very quickly since this was all last minute sequencing. There is a little bit of lag I've noticed...especially after I added the Coro Canes to the display. I had to introduce a router into the E1.31 network to split the line going to the ribbon tree to also goto the candy canes. It was an older router being used as a switch. I bought a new switch this morning so I hope that helps out. Otherwise it might be my old laptop I use to run the show...it's still Vista era. I'm going to try to switch to using a Raspberry Pi to run the show if I can sort it all out.

http://youtu.be/hnvGKWpd2SY

http://youtu.be/12Q21HwDcFI
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

Are the arches CCRs? Your show is very cool. I like it. If you have any questions about HLS let me know. Maybe we can all get together and brainstorm for 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

CopperCreek; Very nice show! I think I might learn a lot from you, but if I can help with HLS I will try. Again Great Show!
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tucsonlights View Post
    Are the arches CCRs? Your show is very cool. I like it. If you have any questions about HLS let me know. Maybe we can all get together and brainstorm for 2014.
    Yes the 4 arches and the circle prop are CCR's. When I first started all I knew about was LOR products. So I got 5 CCR's a couple years ago during one of the sales. When I started wanting a 12 ribbon tree it seemed crazy to pay $200+ for each ribbon not to mention the 12 control boxes with power supplies and daisy chained network cabling to run it. I stumbled onto the auschristmaslighting guys and learned everything I needed for a DIY tree there and that's where I copied the coro cane idea.
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

Heads up....

The 2014 AZ Mini details can be found at the following link....

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...212#post319212

Hope to see you all there this year!

Regards,
    Lightman

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456