Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DMX2IR transceiver (aka Yet Another IR thread)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DMX2IR transceiver (aka Yet Another IR thread)

Looks great! Was there a video of the performance published online? Or would that be possible?
    DIYC Links:
    [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php"]Christmas Wiki[/URL] | [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/addonchat.php"]Chat[/URL]

Ricky, Jrd

"With great power comes great electricity bill." - Unknown Electricity Consumer
    "Your significance in life is not what you do, but how and why you do something." - Unknown Minister
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2012
    City float for Parade of Lights with:
    Fm-02 + Wall Wart Tamer
    2 Ren4Flood + DIYCFlood + Ren-W in 500 Watt enclosure
    2 Simple Renard 32
    15 SSROZ
    2 24 Channel RBW LED Ropelight Midi Trees out of artificial Christmas trees.

<a href="#" onclick="return(showhide(this));">Click here to show/hide my past display details ...</a>
    <script language="javascript">function showhide(anc){ //
    // traverse forward from anchor to find hidable div:
    for(; ; ){ if(!anc.nextSibling) break; if(anc.nextSibling.nodeName == "DIV") break; anc = anc.nextSibling; }//
    var Y='block', N='none', det=anc.nextSibling; //
    //fall-back plan: use named div:
    if (!det) det=document.getElementById('details'); //
    //toggle visibility:
    det.style.display=(det.style.display!=N)?N:Y; //
    //prevent page refresh:
    return false;}</script><div id="details" style="display:none;">2011
    Renard 24 v3.3 100%
    FM-02 with antenna 100%
    16' 8 channel Multi-color + Clear Megatree 100%</div>[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

I was never in attendance during the dance recital. (But I will ask).
    I have some video (somewhere) of the Seashell glowing, but it's from the gallery at the back of the auditorium (the official video suffered a dead battery 12 minutes into the dress rehearsal). Hmm.. just realized I didn't show the inner workings of the Seashell which is slightly different than the hoodies. Will dig that out this evening.
    Standard Disclaimers apply:
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Post Thanks / Like

Labrat, thanks for taking the time to do the write-up. I learn a lot from that kind of documentation (as well as satisfying my curiosity). The footnotes were helpful, too.

What batteries and charger did you wind up using? (9.6v 3 cell 900 mAh Lithium, but which brand/model/source)?

Post Thanks / Like

Check the links on the very last page, there is one to the website where they were ordered.

I also did a small hand held lamp, to be the "Seashell that glows". It is running off of 4 AAA batteries, and has a 3W RGB Luxeon Star
    (http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/lux...ml?cPath=81_35)

Bright enough to leave me seeing spots, during code development.
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    ...I tried to capture some of the information into an article/document, but struggled with identifying who the target audience should be.
    Thanks for the document, I'm just learning about things related to IR control.
    My primary interest is the Glow with the Show Hats, although I don't have any specific objective.

Post Thanks / Like

Ping/bump re source. Also, what version of your pcb did you ultimately use?

Thanks,

-joni-
    2015 Plans: More pixels, add more Komby radios, and weld new props!
    [URL="http://amistosolights.com"]http://amistosolights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Tx and Rx code.. as used on stage in the dance recital (24 channels, 4800 baud = approx. 10fps throughput).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LabRat; 07-14-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Adding Transmitter code as well.

Post Thanks / Like

See previous post for the code... I used the newer board as it had 3 IR daughter connections.
    For simple installs (driveway infront of garage) the daughter boards don't seem to be needed, so either board would work.
    Also, I have simple instructions to convert the Transmitter to run off of the 12F rather than the 16F. Should you prefer to
    use the same micro on both the transmitter and the receiver.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this still a thing I have a project I could use some pointers on that can use this tech?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radlx View Post
    Is this still a thing I have a project I could use some pointers on that can use this tech?
    No active development. Unless you need "ultra" cheap, the NRF24L01 radios are "cheap enough" and far more reliable. The DMX2IR work evolved into DMX2NRF around the same time that the ESP8266's were coming into being as well. Pixel control became the rage at that point. I've been slowly "de-populating" some of the IR based gear, to recover the costs of the components, and move them over to the radio based devices.

I think I've still got some PCB's kicking around if you want some to play with (PM me, and I will look into digging out the box to check).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567