Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Glow with *OUR* Show and MSP430G2553 discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Glow with *OUR* Show and MSP430G2553 discussion

Thanks. I'll give this a try and let you know if I get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope View Post
    Sorry for the late response; this is a spare time project for me.

No fully-baked sketch, but probably the easiest way to get started is with ESPEasy firmware
    The IR releases (e.g. ESP_Easy_mega-20190607_normal_IR_ESP8266_4M.bin) contain all the known remote codes from the IRremoteESP8266 library for both receive and transmit. You can send the commands through the web, MQTT, serial, and other interfaces, (e.g. IRSEND,MWM,910E005F). Just flash the firmware, set it up, and go. I haven't had good luck decoding messages on an actual ESP8266, I think because it's just a bit too slow. It picks up either the leading or trailing message in the burst of three that the MWM devices actually send, not the important middle one. If I run the same code on a computer-based receiver, it decodes all three fine, so I'm reasonably confident in the protocol implementation that I wrote Transmit seems to work fine, at least, and I suspect that's the part most people are interested in.

You could also pull in the IRremoteESP8266 library directly from the Arduino IDE and roll your own firmware, or base it on that library's example MQTT IR server. I'd be curious to know if this approach does better at decoding since you could make a much tighter firmware by omitting all the other devices supported by ESPEasy.

Post Thanks / Like

I cracked this a little further if anyone is still interested. I used an Arduino MEGA 2560 to create a DMX to GWTS protocol converter, well really more of a dumb translation. It uses 2 libraries: DMX Serial and IRRemote master (IRRemote has been modified to remove all the mentions of serial to be compatible with DMX Serial) Then a DMX shield on the mega. Using the DMX probe mode, it reads in a packet, and there is a different code set to every value in 1 channel. I have all colors of static, static right, fade in, pulse, blink, and several effects. Then sends those out of a IR Flood (940nm) using a transistor. I also grabbed a few of the other MwM things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid...ature=youtu.be

I can post the .ino if anyone wants, or a list of all the raw codes.

Post Thanks / Like

I've wanted to do this for a long time, but I'm not an Arduino programmer. What can we used to broadcast the IR signal wider and farther?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    I've wanted to do this for a long time, but I'm not an Arduino programmer. What can we used to broadcast the IR signal wider and farther?
    You need some an ir illuminator that uses 940nm like this

CMVision IR130-940 CMVision 940nm Invisible Wide Angle 198pc High Power Small LED IR Illuminator with Free Power Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XC6Z2DQ...VWGF3JGNJ39Q4F

Also you need to use a transistor circuit and 12v power supply just like you would with an led like this

https://www.hackster.io/najad/12v-rg...arduino-fb6c46

(wire it like just one color is the ir illuminator)

I can send you my arduino code and everything you need once I do a write up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpluth View Post

I can send you my arduino code and everything you need once I do a write up
    Thank you. Looking forward to the write up.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748