Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Glow with *OUR* Show and MSP430G2553 discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Glow with *OUR* Show and MSP430G2553 discussion

Re: Making devices to receive the GWTS/MwM data- I believe the parties involved wanted to master the data being used first so that they would know what it should do.

If there is someone on here that is skilled with documentation it would be great if this topic (all the work surrounding Glow with the Show/Made with Magic) could be gathered up and entered in to the wiki in a more usable fashion as one or many indexed pages.
    DIYC Links:
    [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php"]Christmas Wiki[/URL] | [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/addonchat.php"]Chat[/URL]

Ricky, Jrd

"With great power comes great electricity bill." - Unknown Electricity Consumer
    "Your significance in life is not what you do, but how and why you do something." - Unknown Minister
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2012
    City float for Parade of Lights with:
    Fm-02 + Wall Wart Tamer
    2 Ren4Flood + DIYCFlood + Ren-W in 500 Watt enclosure
    2 Simple Renard 32
    15 SSROZ
    2 24 Channel RBW LED Ropelight Midi Trees out of artificial Christmas trees.

<a href="#" onclick="return(showhide(this));">Click here to show/hide my past display details ...</a>
    <script language="javascript">function showhide(anc){ //
    // traverse forward from anchor to find hidable div:
    for(; ; ){ if(!anc.nextSibling) break; if(anc.nextSibling.nodeName == "DIV") break; anc = anc.nextSibling; }//
    var Y='block', N='none', det=anc.nextSibling; //
    //fall-back plan: use named div:
    if (!det) det=document.getElementById('details'); //
    //toggle visibility:
    det.style.display=(det.style.display!=N)?N:Y; //
    //prevent page refresh:
    return false;}</script><div id="details" style="display:none;">2011
    Renard 24 v3.3 100%
    FM-02 with antenna 100%
    16' 8 channel Multi-color + Clear Megatree 100%</div>[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybg View Post
    So I'm way late to the party here but I have been trying to understand the data protocol used in detail over the past year. I see many captured transmission made by the wands. I also have captured live show data inside the park using my laptop with arduino. I was hoping at least to be able to understand the protocol well enough to know what it is I received. I can fudge with bits, change colors, flash speed, etc. but wanted to see if anyone here was able to fully reverse engineer the protocol?
    Just be careful with that. While I've been recording with my tiny setup I've been watching security or anyone looking a bit too close at what I'm doing. Really don't have to answer the "Sir, what are you doing?" question with "Recording infrared show data? Maybe I'm just skittish about it but I'm not big on drawing attention to myself.

I'm looking for the same thing. Not to make ears but something for our daughters stroller for the shows. From reading through all the threads it looks like they have a good handle on the protocol but I can't find a shared worksheet covering known portions.

On my side I know far less than others about the protocol. What I have done is I have an arduino sketch that I can listen to the IR data during a show and in real time it calculates and verifies the checksum (and removes it) giving me a reliable CSV dump. I also have a VB program that reads the csv files in where I can select rows to retransmit to another arduino that calculates/adds the checksum and sends it on the IR. The biggest difference I use on mine regarding the transmission is I use 1 pwm port giving me the 38khz carrier signal and another connected as a serial port so no need for a resistor and I can use a red led in reverse to "see" the data going out when the LED blinks off.
    Most people get to the basic and extended color palette stage and they stop there. There's a few who've gone beyond that but publicly posted notes are spotty.

My recording setup is similar in that it verifies it as it records but I have it pull time and GPS data too. I looked into doing the IR transmission your way too but I wasn't too sure about wiring it up. I'm glad that you got it worked out that way.

hmm. my last post didn't go. What I'm trying to do is receive disneys protocol and trigger ws2812 smart pixels with it (like a strip of 16 or so). Once I get home tonight I will sift through what was shared on the disney protocol to see if I can piece enough of it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjchu View Post
    Very active thread today. I haven't read much since my post earlier but the reindeer hats are Lightmans creation and if memory serves they are his own protocol and NOT compatible with GwtS stuff. Re the other question about Made with Magic and the bow hats and paintbrushes, that's that same protocol as the ear hats.

-Joni-
    Everything of what I see is hats being controlled but has anyone successfully emulated a hat that you can throw show data at?
    The "safe" way of doing this is just extending the guts of a GwtS device. You can use a 328P or other chip to take in the 6 LED pins and do some magic to output it to smart pixels. While you could emulate your own hat, there's going to be functions that you don't know how to handle that'll make you stick out. I'm staying away from creating my own emulated devices due to legal issues; I like my AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrd View Post
    Re: Making devices to receive the GWTS/MwM data- I believe the parties involved wanted to master the data being used first so that they would know what it should do.

If there is someone on here that is skilled with documentation it would be great if this topic (all the work surrounding Glow with the Show/Made with Magic) could be gathered up and entered in to the wiki in a more usable fashion as one or many indexed pages.
    I have my own personal wiki of notes but I'm moving notes from another place to here right now and it's a little disorganized and I have so many pages I need to write. I'm hoping in July I'll have everything moved and more stuff fleshed out to post it. For right now though, posts for codes for colors, delays, some of the effect codes, and enough of an understanding of the D0 codes.

Super brief version though:
    0x24 Simple Reset
    0x60-0x6F for simple colors
    0x0E 0x[00-1D, 80-9D] for extended palette
    0xF1-FF for delays of 100 to 1500 ms.
    0x20 Immediate, think of this as 0 ms. delay.
    0x48 0x[00-1E, 80-91] for effect codes (as far as I have in my notes)
    0x[58-5B] Timer controls
    0xD0 0xXX 0xXX for effect modifiers which are dependent on which effect is used. Some D0 modifiers don't need effect codes though and can affect other parts of the device.

Ignore the 55 AA codes, they're for the closed captioning system and an old version of GwtS devices like the 100 years of magic pins.
    Last edited by MousieMagic; 05-15-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering if anyone is still including GWTS output in their displays? I was thinking of adding it in again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using a NodeMCU receiving a single E1.31 universe to drive the GWTS ears and it works great. I also figured out fading up and down and have incorporated that. I've been looking for the correct code to fade between two colors but haven't been able to figure that out yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djred2000 View Post
    I'm using a NodeMCU receiving a single E1.31 universe to drive the GWTS ears and it works great. I also figured out fading up and down and have incorporated that. I've been looking for the correct code to fade between two colors but haven't been able to figure that out yet.
    Details please?

Thanks,

-Joni-
    2015 Plans: More pixels, add more Komby radios, and weld new props!
    [URL="http://amistosolights.com"]http://amistosolights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjchu View Post
    Details please?

Thanks,

-Joni-
    Here is the code. I tested this on a Wemos D1 R2 and it works great as well. This code uses Materdaddy's GWTS library with a few modifications to adjust the IR pulse timing for the ESP8266. The modified library file is on my github.

The first 6 channels of the E1.31 universe are RGB for each ear. Channel 7 is fade up or down. When channel 7 value is equal to 12 it will send a fade up signal and when channel 7 value is equal to 10 it will send a fade down signal. Channel 8 is fade speed. The lower the value the faster the fade will occur. This fades both ears together. I do all my sequencing in Vixen 3. I patched a single channel device for the fade mode and another for the fade speed. I use the custom value effect to send the values I want to trigger a fade up or down. I set the length of the custom value effect to 0.600 seconds. Color changes still occur when a fade up or down is triggered. Be sure to have a value set in the fade speed channel each time a fade is triggered or it will fade instantly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,

I'm also looking for that 'special' PERL file IRPlayer.pl to help me round up my testing. Anyone successful in getting a copy of this? Much appreciated!
    -Pete

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647