Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Glow with *OUR* Show and MSP430G2553 discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Glow with *OUR* Show and MSP430G2553 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    I've been going through the files and it's hit or miss on the CRC's. A lot of they pass and a lot of them fail. So far none of the 55 codes have passed. Anyone else get something different?
    Yes, most lines have valid CRC/checksum.

Here are the two largest files filtered for valid CRC/checksum and lines with multiple packets split so each line is only one packet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

...and with that...welcome aboard Jon! ;)

-joni-
    2015 Plans: More pixels, add more Komby radios, and weld new props!
    [URL="http://amistosolights.com"]http://amistosolights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so there can be multiple commands in each packet. So far we know two of them.

I took the two largest log files (filtered for valid CRC), merged them, removed 55 AA packets, removed timestamps, removed first byte of packet (9x), removed checksum, and then sorted.

What remains is just the inner part of the packets that contain one or more commands.

I started doing some simple pattern matching and guesswork to separate out the individual commands.

After staring at hex for too long, I am beginning to go insane, so this will have to be a group effort.

File attached - have fun.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by oPossum; 02-12-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a speculation.
    They have to be able to control ears randomly, so I am thinking all ears must have some sort of unique id.
    It appears that there are a lot of commands that start with Fx and have the same content. There are also commands that start with 20 and are same as Fx.
    Is it possible that Fx selects a particular group of ears and 20 is an all command?
    For example, F1 would select ears with serial xxxx1, F0 with xxxx0, etc.
    It should be very easy to verify. A set of ears should respond to one of those Fx commands and only one (there's a possibility that the ID is not fixed, it could be generated on reset or after each command to make it more random.)

20 48 85 58 0C
    F1 48 85 58 0C
    F2 48 85 58 0C
    F3 48 85 58 0C
    etc.

Also, and someone has already mentioned it, I don't think all commands are ear specific.
    It just doesn't make sense why ears would need a time code. Ears should just get color on/off/ and all off.
    We might be going too deep into this thing.
    Last edited by RobG; 02-12-2013 at 01:55 PM.

5. Likes jstorms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the video on youtube with the imagineer talking about the hats, he does talk about them having unique serial numbers. He also goes on to say there are something like 40 diffrent "zones" in the show area (maybe less, i'm going my memory as I'm at work and can't watch it). He mentions being able to "sweep" the color across the area.
    2011:

5,000 lights; 48 channels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oPossum View Post
    OK, so there can be multiple commands in each packet. So far we know two of them.

I took the two largest log files (filtered for valid CRC), merged them, removed 55 AA packets, removed timestamps, removed first byte of packet (9x), removed checksum, and then sorted.

What remains is just the inner part of the packets that contain one or more commands.

I started doing some simple pattern matching and guesswork to separate out the individual commands.

After staring at hex for too long, I am beginning to go insane, so this will have to be a group effort.

File attached - have fun.
    Nice list although I'm having one minor problem with it. I don't know for sure, I can guess on many, which are the 9x commands and which are the 55 AA commands.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just the 9x packets. All the 55 AA have been removed. I don't think they mean much too the ears.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I'm sure that Disney can read out the serial numbers I'm not sure how well that would work during an actual show. Now working with a group number, which could be the lower part of the serial number, would be much more reasonable although you would not want the groups to be very large or you may not have enough hats in a given group to really work with.

Dividing the show area into groups is totally doable. The IR transmitters could easily be directed into areas. The biggest problem I see there is area overlap if you don't have the transmitters high enough.

Boy would I love to sit down with a Disney Engineer and discuss this but fat chance on that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by oPossum View Post
    That is just the 9x packets. All the 55 AA have been removed. I don't think they mean much too the ears.
    Makes sense, thanks.

Has any 9x data bytes show up in the data stream except to signal a packet type?
    Last edited by timon; 02-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking, viewing the lines with both Hex and Binary may help decode it. Example.

20 24 / 62 | 0010-0000 0010-0100 / 0110-0010

Now bits used as flags will start to visually appear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    Has any 9x data bytes show up in the data stream except to signal a packet type?
    Sure, it can appear as a command or data following a command. I see no evidence that 9x is escaped in any way.

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast