Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree Frame

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tree Frame

I have found a source for Small tree frames... I sent my specs to a company and they have said they can do it I have to order 200 of them to get them built and shipped.

If anyone is interested in purchasing some just let me know. As soon as I have enough orders I will order them

They are $10.00 each

Attached is a couple of pictures of them.

Mike Downey

michaels.downey@gmail.com

1.jpg 2.jpg
    Last edited by MSDowney; 01-14-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tree Frame

They have 2 inch legs to help secure them in the ground... They have nine rings total for two reasons 1. to help keep a uniform shape 2. to allow for lights to be wrapped without so many zipties.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good, how tall are they? looking at the pic i'm guess 3 1/2 feet and a 12" base.

Post Thanks / Like

They are 42 inches tall with a 15 inch base. I made some from Tomato Cages about the same size last year and decided to see if I could get better ones. I did a lot of research so I could keep my cost down. The only problem I have is that I have to order that many!

Post Thanks / Like

so you buying 100 of them? MS

Post Thanks / Like

note, lots of rings will help it hold its shape if you wrap them top to bottom. Most people wrap them around which would need more uprights to hold shape. I see you have 4, that's better than the three they come with but most people put 2 together making 6 uprights. It's your project and you do what you want, I just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't notice or think about this.

Brian
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

They look really nice.

Push came to shove it would be easy to tie wrap 4 more rods if you we're going to wrap around.

These would be great for mini pixel trees although the bottom loop may need to be a heavier gauge wire. I was thinking 16 strands which with 4" pixel spacing gives 10 pixels which is a perfice fit for 42". Question is the size of the top ring. I thing 2.5" is perfect as it give a top spacing of .5" and the bottom of about 3".

Could the top and bottom rings be made with a circumference of 8" and 48"? That would be perfect for 12, 16 or 24 strans on 4, 3 and 2" spacing.

I think 2" is a little short for the legs and maybe 4" would be a bit better.

Lastly, have you thought about how to attach a star to the top?
    Last edited by timon; 01-23-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    They look really nice.

Push came to shove it would be easy to tie wrap 4 more rods if you we're going to wrap around.

These would be great for mini pixel trees although the bottom loop may need to be a heavier gauge wire. I was thinking 16 strands which with 4" pixel spacing gives 10 pixels which is a perfice fit for 42". Question is the size of the top ring. I thing 2.5" is perfect as it give a top spacing of .5" and the bottom of about 3".

Could the top and bottom rings be made with a circumference of 8" and 48"? That would be perfect for 12, 16 or 24 strans on 4, 3 and 2" spacing.

I thing 2" is a little short for the legs and maybe 4" would be a bit better.

Lastly, have you thought about how to attach a star to the top?

48" Ring on the bottom? I am trying to picture all of of your thoughts here.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skunberg View Post
    note, lots of rings will help it hold its shape if you wrap them top to bottom. Most people wrap them around which would need more uprights to hold shape. I see you have 4, that's better than the three they come with but most people put 2 together making 6 uprights. It's your project and you do what you want, I just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't notice or think about this.

Brian

Six would be better... Let me see what would happen with that addition

Post Thanks / Like

What size would be the best for attaching a star on top... I am open to all suggestions

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast