Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: What do YOU (the user) want to see in Vixen 3? What feedback do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do YOU (the user) want to see in Vixen 3? What feedback do you have?

Linux/MAC versions
    Cross platform is not likely to happen. It was in the plan early on, however the executive decision was recently made that we will not develop with platform porting in mind in the near future. This is largely due to the fact that in order for a intense application like V3 to perform well, it needs to be written using architecture native to the operating system.
    a specific Arduino plugin so that non-Uno users won't have to use a serial/USB adapter
    The problem is that we can't write a plugin for "Arduino" because arduino is a development platform and not a solution. If there were some sort of standardized arduino based project, we could support that. In other words we could create a plugin for "Joe's Arduino Dimmer" but not for Arduino. Because we know how "Joe's Arduino Dimmer" is expecting to see data in a certain format, we could generate data in that format. When you just talk "Arduino" we have no idea how it's going to be programmed to interpret data, so we have no idea what you're asking us to send it.

I have several "Arduinos" in my show. Some of them are RF1s, some are RFColor2_4, some are sACN to RF senders, etc. all of those arduinos use standardized protocols to receive data. I would suggest that rather than asking for a new format, Why not try to use one of the existing formats?

The need for a USB-Serial adapter isn't a plugin issue. It's a hardware issue on your end. Data has to get to the board somehow. I'm not sure I understand how this comes into the picture.

a way to reverse output values for anyone using a SainSmart relay board
    This is something that should be done in your microcontroller (Arduino?) program, not at the software level. None of the standardized protocols support inverted output. Actually, I don't believe any of the standard protocols support Boolean output at all. They're mostly 8 bit integer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do YOU (the user) want to see in Vixen 3? What feedback do you have?

Ok, thanks for the info/update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by celtman123 View Post
    It may have already been mentioned: Linux/MAC versions
    a specific Arduino plugin so that non-Uno users won't have to use a serial/USB adapter
    a way to reverse output values for anyone using a SainSmart relay board

Can u shoot me some more details on the arduino request? I'm just curious if they are things I can integrate into to the Blitzen arduino configuration guide. Are you referring to a board with out a usb port?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like the ability to zoom the preview window in and out. This would be particularly useful in the preview edit window when placing intricate details.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a common request. Evidentially it's technically difficult. But it's often requested so hopefully we find a way.

--Jon Chuchla--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmarshal61 View Post
    I would like the ability to zoom the preview window in and out. This would be particularly useful in the preview edit window when placing intricate details.
    That's something I intend to get in this year.
    Derek

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/backuslights"][IMG]http://www.kiwimill.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/facebook.png[/IMG][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derekbackus View Post
    That's something I intend to get in this year.
    That would be great! While we are on the subject it would be nice if standard shortcuts were included such as [CTL+], [CTL-] and [CTL-mouse wheel].

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmarshal61 View Post
    That would be great! While we are on the subject it would be nice if standard shortcuts were included such as [CTL+], [CTL-] and [CTL-mouse wheel].
    Good idea. I'll include that in the feature request ticket so I remember.
    Derek

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/backuslights"][IMG]http://www.kiwimill.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/facebook.png[/IMG][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

the ability too lower the intensity of the nutcracker effects would be great at full level they tend too wash out colors
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Don't Know it this has been requested, got through page 9 and my head exploded.
    // Allow to move elements on the timing/programming screen and keep it's identity. This will make "stacking" for common looks like reverse flashlight.

Respectfully,
    D
    Last edited by Qbert-PNS; 04-19-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: DOH. incomplete sentence

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast