Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: What do YOU (the user) want to see in Vixen 3? What feedback do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do YOU (the user) want to see in Vixen 3? What feedback do you have?

I would like to see Vixen 3 move over to the mac and linux user.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do YOU (the user) want to see in Vixen 3? What feedback do you have?

The ability to move elements up and down in the programming list so you can set up sweeps and move elements for a different sweep.
    This would be awesome.
    Now you have to put them in the order you want them and limits effects.
    This works well in LOR which I have moved from.

Post Thanks / Like

Qbert. If I understand your last two requests I think they've just been added. They should be in the next build.

-- Jon Chuchla --

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mac/Linux support isn't likely in the near term. The kinds of things that we're doing in the app would make it very difficult to port. When we rewrote the preview last year, we made the decision that we had to break with cross platform support to get the performance that users were demanding. The drawing routines in both the preview and the sequencer are heavily tied to windows accelerated methods.
    What is more likely is the ability to export for playback on other systems.

-- Jon Chuchla --

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Moving Heads!
    Crazy Light Addict.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see the custom props feature working better. I had so may issues I just gave up. I could create the first instance (45 pixel snowflake) Ok but making duplicates just didn't work reliably. And naming all the pixels was a major headache and I think caused some of the problems I was seeing. I haven't gone back to look at this since January but I spent many frusterating hours on it and it's a feature I would really like to have working good. Also, just to be clear it's not the prop itself that is the problem, it's breaking the prop up into different groups, in my case I have ALL Pixels, Branches, Arrows and Stars grouped in one snowflake and it worked for the first snowflake I created but the copies made in the preview screen did not sequence right and editing them was a nightmare. Maybe some work has been done on this already, if so let me know... I need to get back in there to redo it all WAY before the holiday season starts. Thanks!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harpster View Post
    I'd like to see the custom props feature working better. I had so may issues I just gave up. I could create the first instance (45 pixel snowflake) Ok but making duplicates just didn't work reliably. And naming all the pixels was a major headache and I think caused some of the problems I was seeing. I haven't gone back to look at this since January but I spent many frusterating hours on it and it's a feature I would really like to have working good. Also, just to be clear it's not the prop itself that is the problem, it's breaking the prop up into different groups, in my case I have ALL Pixels, Branches, Arrows and Stars grouped in one snowflake and it worked for the first snowflake I created but the copies made in the preview screen did not sequence right and editing them was a nightmare. Maybe some work has been done on this already, if so let me know... I need to get back in there to redo it all WAY before the holiday season starts. Thanks!

Thanks!
    I think we would need to understand more about how you were doing things. It feels like you may be missing something in your approach. If you get the prop created correctly with naming tokens, you should just be able to import it multiple times and create the duplicate items you need. If you have not watched the video, I would encourage you to take a look at it. You can also create a separate thread about your process in the how to section and we can try to better help you work through it.

https://youtu.be/w6p6gcqfBTA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'm planning on trying to set this up again soon and I will document the process I use and take screen shots and will also watch the video again. I will create a separate thread as suggested when i have the data.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324