Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa, sleigh and reindeer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Santa, sleigh and reindeer.

I thought they no longer produced Santa and his sleigh plus the reindeer so you had to find them use but I guess not. Considering what they go for used the new price is not too bad. $135 for Santa, sleigh and one reindeer and $50 for each additional reindeer. An entire set would be $535 plus shipping/tax depending on where you live.

http://www.seasonsla.com/16480.html

Now if I could only fine that post which showed the sleigh plus 9 reindeer all hung from two long cables.

Edit: I found them, it was on the LOR forum. Here they are for others to checkout.

They were originally posted by Beiilll. There are other pictures but I posted the most informative. Beiilll used clear PVC tubing to hold the pairs but I think that flat 1/4" Plexiglas would work also and is a little easier to find. Don't know where he got Rudolph, he seems to be in the same scale but is much different. I like him. I can see using pixel strips for the reins and using a chase pattern on them. I like the idea of mounting the controller under the sleigh. Feed power and DMX and bingo, one great looking team.

Attachment 17372
    Attachment 17373
    Attachment 17374
    Attachment 17375
    Last edited by timon; 01-01-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Santa, sleigh and reindeer.

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    I thought they no longer produced Santa and his sleigh plus the reindeer so you had to find them use but I guess not. Considering what they go for used the new price is not too bad. $135 for Santa, sleigh and one reindeer and $50 for each additional reindeer. An entire set would be $535 plus shipping/tax depending on where you live.

http://www.seasonsla.com/16480.html

Now if I could only fine that post which showed the sleigh plus 9 reindeer all hung from two long cables.

I have that santa/sleigh with 2 reindeer on my roof. I would like to add two more reindeer for next year. They carry that line at menards, or at least they did last year and it was 30% cheaper than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Americansale.com in Illinois had them for half price but I just checked and they are all out online but you could call the stores.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the post showing the set mounted on cables, it was on the LOR forum. Here they are for others to checkout. I also put this in the first post.

They were originally posted by Beiilll. There are other pictures but I posted the most informative. Beiilll used clear PVC tubing to hold the pairs but I think that flat 1/4" Plexiglas would work also and is a little easier to find. Don't know where he got Rudolph, he seems to be in the same scale but is much different. I like him. I can see using pixel strips for the reins and using a chase pattern on them. I like the idea of mounting the controller under the sleigh. Feed power and DMX and bingo, one great looking team.

Attachment 17416 Attachment 17412 Attachment 17411 Attachment 17414
    Last edited by timon; 01-03-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Invalid attachment errors
    2013 Plan - Buy all my gear and keep my static display

Post Thanks / Like

I have a site bookmarked on my home PC ill try and snag when I get home, but this is a huge one too database but hard to search. http://blowmoldsrus.webs.com/.
    2013 Plan - Buy all my gear and keep my static display

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldylox View Post
    Invalid attachment errors
    Fixed I think. Now why don't the thumbnails showt when I do this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    Fixed I think. Now why don't the thumbnails showt when I do this?
    not in the initial post, but the attachments show in a later post of yours.

Tory "not stalking"
    Happy to Show support;
    Xlights/Nutcracker, HLS and The Falcon Team

Post Thanks / Like

First off, sorry that I have not been on this forum for quite some time. My bad!
    Second, I'm glad you like the looks of my sleigh and use of a controller with it. It did provide quite a hit this year since I was able to get it hung out in the display finally.
    My Rudolf is a Grand Venture reindeer while all the others are the Empire ones as well as the Empire sleigh. I did mod the sleigh and santa so that the light for santa is one channel and the sleigh is on another channel (probably because I had 16 channels to play with!).
    You can find the Grand Venture reindeer on eBay most of the time it seems as they are fairly common.
    I used the 2 color rope light only because I had that laying around as well and figured that it was a simple way to make reins for the sleigh. It would be great to use pixel strip and have some chase work with it though.
    I used 1" polycarbonate tubing for the spacers to hold the deer and cables apart as I had it from another project and it is very hard and holds up well. It won't bend or sag over time like regular plexi will and works much better in freezing temperatures as well. The poly tubing comes from US plastics: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23791 for your info.

The other pictures on that post that Timon referenced over on the LOR forums were from a fellow out in Colorado that I have been chatting with about his sleigh and how he motorized it to make it go out and then return to the start point. He built some very heavy duty pulley and motor systems for his.
    I want to get mine to fly across my property as well but still need to find a couple of 40 foot TV or radio towers to use on each side of the property to go between for cabling and some other effect items that I want to do.
    Let me know if there is anyting specific that you would like to see or know about this or any of my other display items. Now that we are past the holiday times, I hope to spend a lot more time on some of these forums as well as more learning of the DIY route as I will be adding RGB to my display as well and have quite a few other project items that I want to build in the next couple of years.
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill Ellick

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up one of the santa and reindeers. What size and type of bulb did you use for Rudolph's nose?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast