Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK-Mini PLUS 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: OK-Mini PLUS 2008

Well it looks like I wont be able to make it. Im in the National Guard and we have drill that weekend, I get to stay the night at Camp Gruber that weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OK-Mini PLUS 2008

I am still planning on coming but my client wants me to stay here in California until late next week. With any luck, he will release me in time to attaend. I wanted to finish my rotating tree but I might have to just bring my soldering iron and enlist some help from you guys. I guess it could be a "How to" demonstration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireGod View Post
    I am still planning on coming but my client wants me to stay here in California until late next week. With any luck, he will release me in time to attaend. I wanted to finish my rotating tree but I might have to just bring my soldering iron and enlist some help from you guys. I guess it could be a "How to" demonstration.
    FireGod,

I have a Weller soldering station that you could use also. A "How To" demo would be great. I know of at least one person that would be very interested. He broke a connector on his LOR board and needs to have it soldered back on. I told him to bring it and I would give it a go.

I really hope you can make it. I'm curious to see how two different ZigBee networks work together. I hope to have your FGII and my Prop 128 controller going at the same time to see if it will work.

Only one week left. Don't forget about the Friday night get together at Bricktown, 7-10pm.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking.......(wow, what a drive....) hey, it'd be cool! (wow, what a drive...) Still thinkin'.
    Bob
    ----
    I love the smell of solder flux in the morning....smells like Christmas magic...[URL="http://photobucket.com/setup-2008"]Set up Done!![/URL] [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/rlilly/videos"]Showtime!![/URL]
    (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true) Ephesians5:9

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlilly View Post
    I'm thinking.......(wow, what a drive....) hey, it'd be cool! (wow, what a drive...) Still thinkin'.
    Bob,

I agree that would be some drive. I used to drive to San Antonio once a month for about three years. Its an easy drive but a long one. I hope you decide to come.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

We plan to make the trek to Sooner country this weekend.

What hotel is recommended? Anybody line up a group rate somewhere?
    Bob
    ----
    I love the smell of solder flux in the morning....smells like Christmas magic...[URL="http://photobucket.com/setup-2008"]Set up Done!![/URL] [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/rlilly/videos"]Showtime!![/URL]
    (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true) Ephesians5:9

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, I still am planning on coming but I am still in California and hope to get out of here very soon. I have been here for 1 month now. I was wanting to finish my projects but I guess I'll just have to bring them as-is.

Will there be an air compressor available?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireGod View Post
    FYI, I still am planning on coming but I am still in California and hope to get out of here very soon. I have been here for 1 month now. I was wanting to finish my projects but I guess I'll just have to bring them as-is.

Will there be an air compressor available?
    That is great FireGod. I am looking forward to meeting you. I know the extended work trips stink but I'm glad you are planning on attending.

Yes, I do have an air compressor.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlilly View Post
    We plan to make the trek to Sooner country this weekend.

What hotel is recommended? Anybody line up a group rate somewhere?
    I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner. I posted it on PC but I guess I forgot to post it here.

I've put together a list of some of the hotels in the Norman area for anyone coming in from out of down. If you have any questions on these let me know and I will try to get you the answers. The prices were accurate as of Feb 2008. I hope they have not changed much.

Best Western Norman Inn & Suites
    2841 Classen Boulevard
    Norman, OK 73071-4046
    405-701-4011
    From $79.99/nt
    5.7 miles from the Mini

Days Inn Norman
    609 North Interstate Dr
    I-35 & Main
    Norman, OK, 73069 US
    405-360-4380
    From $53.00/nt
    6.6 miles from the Mini

Holiday Inn
    1000 North Interstate Dr
    Norman, OK 73072
    405-364-2882
    From $117.00/nt
    6.8 miles from the Mini

Super 8 Motel Norman
    2600 W Main St
    Norman, OK, 73069
    405-329-1624
    From $59.00/nt
    8.5 miles from the Mini

Fairfield Inn
    301 Norman Center Ct
    Norman, OK 73072
    405-447-1661
    From $99.00/nt
    9.1 miles from the Mini

Hampton Inn Norman
    309 Norman Center Ct
    Norman, OK 73072
    405-366-2100
    From $129.00/nt
    9.1 miles from the Mini
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

We will be having a social gathering in Bricktown on Friday evening the 16th. Tom, aka SantasHelper on PC, has managed to get free Water Taxi rides for any DIYC/PC members & family interested.

http://www.bricktownwatertaxi.com/Oklahoma/OKCHome.Asp

This will be a get together for some fun and to learn a little about each other prior to the mini. A relaxed time frame of about 7ish to 10ish should be good. We will meet outside of Tom’s Dungeon Haunted Ride. Tom will have his light show going which will include his new MR16 LED floods in action. He has come up with a way to house these floods which I haven't seen here on DIYC/PC yet (but it's possible I overlooked it on here). He will also bring some to the mini to show just in case anyone is interested. We'll also take a ride thru his Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D for that 3D experience like no other, free!!!

http://www.bricktownamusement.com/)

So, if you plan to be in Oklahoma City the night prior to the mini, come on down for a delightful fun filled evening.
    Greg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast