Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1450

Thread: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hicksville, New York
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    My lights are not syncing with vixen. I am using your code version 2 but instead of serial1 I'm just using serial because I do not have an external ftdi adapter. My SSRs can dim, I also have a Zero Cross Detector. The same one you're using. I tried with vixen 3 which I'd like to use. But then i tried vixen 2.1.0.8 or whatever you're using. So is there a way to make this work with Vixen 3? If not then atleast how do I get my lights working... They are just static.

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hudson MA
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    not sure when that sketch worked. it has a poor header sync and if the wrong header is chosen it will lose sync. if you put in a proper state machine like the one you see in jcooks sketch for his el-wire project you will be on the road to a better place


    2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankyty View Post
    My lights are not syncing with vixen. I am using your code version 2 but instead of serial1 I'm just using serial because I do not have an external ftdi adapter. My SSRs can dim, I also have a Zero Cross Detector. The same one you're using. I tried with vixen 3 which I'd like to use. But then i tried vixen 2.1.0.8 or whatever you're using. So is there a way to make this work with Vixen 3? If not then atleast how do I get my lights working... They are just static.
    I used this sketch without the FTDI adapter too. I just had to change about 5 or 6 lines of code that referenced Serial1 to Serial. If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.
    Given 3 works fine with this sketch. The header and footer work fine.
    FYI, I will be unavailable to respond to questions from November 15 to November 28 while on vacation.
    Kevin

    2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hicksville, New York
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I used this sketch without the FTDI adapter too. I just had to change about 5 or 6 lines of code that referenced Serial1 to Serial. If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.
    Given 3 works fine with this sketch. The header and footer work fine.
    FYI, I will be unavailable to respond to questions from November 15 to November 28 while on vacation.
    I changed the code by replacing Serial1 to Serial. I also changed channels to 20 and starting from pin 22. I then open vixen and I put the header and footer in. Baud of 57600. My mega is on baud 57600 and so is in the code. Lights just static still... I dont understand why it'd be my zero crossing because i did it right... does the h11aa1 break easily? How and why? I see people kept trying to make them after 4 tries to get theirs to work. Could it be the way i setup vixen? Are the objects dimming curve or color handling?

    I just don't get why it works with an LED but not my SSRs.

    I just bought a renard kit cuz this was a mess and not working well as you see. So thanks for the help anyways.
    Last edited by Spankyty; 11-12-2018 at 10:46 PM.

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    Well, the fact that "it works with an LED" tells me that sketch is working correctly and that you have Vixen configured correctly. That it does not work with the SRR tells me that you have a problem with your SSRs or the wiring between the MEGA and the SSR of the connection of your 120vac.
    Kevin

    2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hicksville, New York
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    Well, the fact that "it works with an LED" tells me that sketch is working correctly and that you have Vixen configured correctly. That it does not work with the SRR tells me that you have a problem with your SSRs or the wiring between the MEGA and the SSR of the connection of your 120vac.
    I think it's my ZCD because if I apply gnd signal without the ZCD, the ac lighting turns on but doesn't dim. I probably fried the chip...

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    ottawa ks
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    do I have to have the timed sequenc editor open to run the show thanks

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Morrisburg, On, Canada
    Posts
    2,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankyty View Post
    I think it's my ZCD because if I apply gnd signal without the ZCD, the ac lighting turns on but doesn't dim. I probably fried the chip...
    The POWER ON test, in Version 2, is a simple go/no-go test that you should see working when you first powerup your Arduino with the SSR board connected. If you claim that a LED works just fine (i.e. it dims with a Vixen sequence) then I would expect the ZCD to be working as it is required to make a LED dim. You can modify the POWER ON test to include dimming as a means to test your SSR boards.

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    ottawa ks
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    Quote Originally Posted by LightUp View Post
    The POWER ON test, in Version 2, is a simple go/no-go test that you should see working when you first powerup your Arduino with the SSR board connected. If you claim that a LED works just fine (i.e. it dims with a Vixen sequence) then I would expect the ZCD to be working as it is required to make a LED dim. You can modify the POWER ON test to include dimming as a means to test your SSR boards.
    do you know what the DC power usage is on the 2560 thanks

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Morrisburg, On, Canada
    Posts
    2,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Home Brew Lighting System - Arduino Mega - SainSmart 16 Channel Relay Board

    Look under "Technical Specs" at this link; https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega2560_

Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •