Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Have Their FM02 Mounted in the Same Enclosure as the Helix??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone Have Their FM02 Mounted in the Same Enclosure as the Helix??

Update - tonight I mounted my spare FM02 in a spare Orbit sprinkler enclosure, rebuilt my modified ground plane antenna using RG58 with a factory bnc connector, connected the antenna directly to the transmitter, powered it up with two 6V lantern batteries, and got nothing but static. It's worse than when using the dipole made from RG59. So, I reconfigured the antenna to be a dipole, hooked it back up to the transmitter, and got the same thing. I switched over to using a handheld mp3 player for the audio input, and still got nothing. I must really, really suck at antenna construction.

I'm going to order a tunable 1/4 ground plane antenna tomorrow.
    208 channels
    2 Ren 24SS / 4 REN 16SS / 2 REN 48LSD controllers
    8 Mighty Mini RGBW floods
    1 LEDTriks
    2 Helix V3 controllers and Vixen to rule them all

Post Thanks / Like

Update - got my antenna last night. Put it together, set it temporarily on a bush, and the signal is much, much better. Tried it mounted to the center pole of my megatree, and had signal issues once again. I'll play with it some more tonight, weather permitting. Wifey told me to just leave it sitting on top of the bush.

Sent from somewhere in the ether
    208 channels
    1 LEDTriks

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what is going on but now I have issues with nothing but static...Nothing has changed with my set-up from one location to another...I'm using the test antenna that I was using before that worked perfectly..Now nothing but static with different stations....Help please.....
    This is the year for my Mom.She passed away Feb 12 2012 and this year is dedicated to her and her memory.I will finally have it all finished and set to music all for her as I promised.Heres to you Mom (Dec 10,1944 - Feb 12,2012.I love you...

Now on the web [URL="http://kraftchekchristmaslights.webs.com/"]http://kraftchekchristmaslights.webs.com/[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Not sure what is going on but now I have issues with nothing but static...Nothing has changed with my set-up from one location to another...I'm using the test antenna that I was using before that worked perfectly..Now nothing but static with different stations....Help please.....
    Have you checked to see if the MP3 player is still playing (i.e. listen to it with headphones or amplified speakers)?
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Greg:
    First thing I checked..
    This is the year for my Mom.She passed away Feb 12 2012 and this year is dedicated to her and her memory.I will finally have it all finished and set to music all for her as I promised.Heres to you Mom (Dec 10,1944 - Feb 12,2012.I love you...

Now on the web [URL="http://kraftchekchristmaslights.webs.com/"]http://kraftchekchristmaslights.webs.com/[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Final update from me - re-mounted my GP antenna to a 8-9 ft piece of old rusty top rail I had from a previous fence repair, stuck it about four feet out from the house from where the dipole was mounted on the wall, and now I'm getting pretty good signal in front of the house - good enough that I'm going to leave it as is for the rest of the season. After the season is over, I think I'm going to try mounting it above the star on my megatree pole to see what kind of coverage I get from there. Anyways, thanks to all that answered, I do appreciate it.
    208 channels
    1 LEDTriks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Hey Greg:
    First thing I checked..
    I had assumed that you had already checked that but wanted to make sure the obvious wasn't a problem. I'm not an FM02 expert by any means but here are a few more things you can check:

1) Since it isn't working on any station, check all of the connections between the transmitter and antenna (make sure they are tight and nothing looks out of the ordinary)
    2) If the connections are good check the cable between the transmitter and antenna (make sure nothing has chewed on it or any other obvious damage)
    3) If the cable is good check the audio patch cord between the Helix and the transmitter (make sure it still has continuity end to end, if possible swap it out for a different one)
    4) If the patch cord is good next check the power supply (make sure it is still putting out the correct voltage, if possible power the transmitter with two 6V batteries in series)
    5) If the power supply is good then it is probably the transmitter itself is bad

I'm sure you have checked some, if not all, of the above already but again just wanted to point out some of the obvious things to check. Hopefully someone with more experience with the FM02 will be able to provide some additional suggestions.

Good luck,
    Greg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123