Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This thread needs to start getting used ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This thread needs to start getting used ?

I am uploading a starter video to get users motivated with hls libraries and effects sharing .

This is a basic walk through of the library and how to rar or zip it for sharing or if you have download a library .

Post Thanks / Like

here is a starter video for this thread .

Post Thanks / Like

Now it's my turn to get off topic

I've been following HLS development for quite a while now and finally started to get serious
    OK...First a "Thank You" to Joe for making HLS a reality and to Richard for the many, many helpful videos and tips.

Here's a question (deals with export, so it's somekinda on topic )

- How do you guys setup the preview for pixels (especially the Mega tree) ? It's a pita to draw every single channel
    - Can you export or import single preview elements once finished ?
    - Can you export the channel groups (think you said somewhere you can't) ?

Btw Richard, we are in the same boat - I haven't started sequencing one single song yet (and just realized I'm one E68x short....)

I guess I have to watch your video about the vixen import again to at least start with a limping show from last year

Post Thanks / Like

A simple way to create a mega tree in preview is to just paint the first 8-20 pixels from each string-strip , using 2 or 3 from each universe .

this gives you a visual to verify .

Hls is not designed for user friendlyness when it comes to large channel count elements in preview and imho rightfully so.

Joe was very wise in not making the preview that important of a part of hls as it would just bogg the app down and make it cumbersome for usere to update etc.

Just look at commercial light software such as Lightfactory - Great Program-app , it does not have a preview .

Hls is designed to streamline output data to the lights for the ultimate preview .

i have a couple of videos on vimeo that show the mega tree in preview as i suggested above , it worked well and showed me that hls was working as expected.

Once i output the sequence to lights and got to see the real thing the preview lost its relevance imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    A simple way to create a mega tree in preview is to just paint the first 8-20 pixels from each string-strip , using 2 or 3 from each universe .

this gives you a visual to verify .

Hls is not designed for user friendlyness when it comes to large channel count elements in preview and imho rightfully so.

Joe was very wise in not making the preview that important of a part of hls as it would just bogg the app down and make it cumbersome for usere to update etc.

Just look at commercial light software such as Lightfactory - Great Program-app , it does not have a preview .

Hls is designed to streamline output data to the lights for the ultimate preview .

i have a couple of videos on vimeo that show the mega tree in preview as i suggested above , it worked well and showed me that hls was working as expected.

Once i output the sequence to lights and got to see the real thing the preview lost its relevance imo.
    I agree 100% on this one. I always keep a couple test strings handy (Pixels) to reference new effects and my tree is small enough that it's currently living in my garage. So, I have never built a preview and don't really have any desire to. I'd much rather see the final outcome on actual hardware!
    Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n_gifford View Post
    I agree 100% on this one. I always keep a couple test strings handy (Pixels) to reference new effects and my tree is small enough that it's currently living in my garage. So, I have never built a preview and don't really have any desire to. I'd much rather see the final outcome on actual hardware!
    I agree that nothing beats the real deal, but I disagree with the importance of the preview.
    The preview for me is the most important thing on a sequencing program as it shows how the effects of different elements work together and whether some areas are over or underused.
    I can use my laptop everywhere, but it would look strange if I setup a mini tree in the office
    Last edited by Lionking_Tx; 10-30-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys but I live and die by the preview.

I have spent as much time on the preview as I spend on some songs.

I plan to use multiple channel vectors to dray my mega tree.

I used them for my arches.
    They look like triangles but it only took two lines to represent 16 channels.

Joel
    Lets get serious, I have over 10,000 channels on my back, just where do you want to start counting.

Post Thanks / Like

ditto -- I could not sequence w/o preview...
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Double ditto. In fact, I was going to ask if it is possible to have the preview open in a separate window like Vixen does. I have two 23" monitors that I use for sequencing and one of those is dedicated to the preview. It allows me to watch the preview and sequence at the same time and makes it easy to tweak the sequence or see where something is off or where that stray flash of light came from. I have been seriously contemplating using HLS this year, but having to toggle back and forth between the preview and sequence may prevent that since I live in the preview as much or more than the sequencer. Still looks like an awesome program though and I may try it anyway.

Thanks,
    -Keith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12