Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This thread needs to start getting used ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default This thread needs to start getting used ?

If those of you using Hls are remotely interested in sharing but do not know how please post here .

I could do a video demo of how ez it is to share with hls , also to create a secondary hls for testing shared files.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This thread needs to start getting used ?

Interested, just not sure if I would have time to implement a shared file. A video would be cool.
    3rd Year - 640 channels - 18,706 lights - 1 Lost Mind
    FACEBOOK: Fallatt's Charlotte Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I will look at anything you put out there.

Might not hurt to share whole sequences if your groups are well organized and you have a good preview so you can see the final result.
    Always good to see how other people do it.

Maybe a good start would be an explanation of what all the files are.
    Are they needed, or will they be regenerated.

Richard, how soon did you start.
    I am guessing that you are all done and just kicking back waiting to turn on the lights.
    Joel
    Lets get serious, I have over 10,000 channels on my back, just where do you want to start counting.

Post Thanks / Like

Joel this being my first year at this , I am in the same boat as many other here with 1 exception . I have a fairly good understanding of how hls works and I am willing to help others .

I know the pressure is mounting with 1 month to go Vixen being old faithful and used by many many people still needs some polish for pixel and rgb control.

I have just created many effects over the past few months while learning hls and saved them to various libraries . So i know how ez it would be to share effects .

Sharing complete sequences is a little more involved as it requires the original song and .dat file .

Not that it can't be done its just a larger file and there is a matter of copy right on songs .

The only way i could see sharing complete sequences is if the uploader posts a link to the song they used .

i will do a couple of videos on sharing and how to . I think this will benefit us all .

btw I have not completed 1 full song yet still waiting for pixel strip to sequence .

I have set a side most of november to sequence a minimum of 5 songs and i will share what i get done .

richard

Ray cut this close . i asked for fast shipping .

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 Location Time
    14 Arrived at Sort Facility BRITISH COLUMBIA - CANADA BRITISH COLUMBIA, BC - CANADA 09:37
    Last edited by angus40; 10-30-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: just checked tracking

Post Thanks / Like

How about library files?
    Inventor of the "LED Keeper"

My Videos [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry"]www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Richard

This a great idea
    As a newbee it's taken me ages to work out some simple effects like how to smoothly transition from one segment to another in an Arch
    Full sequences would be too complex to reverse engineer and re-apply to my planned set-up but to be able to grab an effect and stretch or multiply it would save loads of time
    A video or similar showing the best way to reference effects, store & export would be useful

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

So I hate to admit this but my mind is stuck in Vixen. I'm not getting how to add channels and controllers and such. A video on the hardware setup side would be helpful, to me at least.

Thanks,

-joni-
    2015 Plans: More pixels, add more Komby radios, and weld new props!
    [URL="http://amistosolights.com"]http://amistosolights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

here is how to get your controllers talkin with hls . if you need advice please post specifics .

hls is real simple to setup if using com port select it , if using e1.31 select that or if using a usb - dmx select usb .

Post Thanks / Like

Richard
    Sorry we are going off topic but do you know if you can mix outputs e.g e1.31 and usb-dmx?

Post Thanks / Like

talk about all hls is good

you can use all the outputs you like , you assign the universe to the output , this is the back end of hls . the front end is assigning the channels to the universe .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast