Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many members of Diyc are ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How many members of Diyc are ?

I'm leaning towards it. All songs for this year done in Vixen 2.1 and will start the show with that. I will be moving them to HLS to start using two RGB pixel elements this year, and if things work out I'll be moving to it early December. I just need to find time to watch the training videos while I'm not building last minute display elements or setting up.
    2011:

5,000 lights; 48 channels.

Post Thanks / Like

HLS is going to be my sequencer this Christmas. I've given up on LSP 2.5

Post Thanks / Like

While I miss some features from Vixen (especially the preview - HLS preview is not really great) me too will be using HLS this year.

Still have to figure out a lot of stuff, however before I do I still have to wire some last minute stuff and put pigtails on most of the RGB strings.

Post Thanks / Like

Its too late in the year for me,but I have been watching it.
    This is my first year with rgb elements and thats been enough strain on my pea brain.
    Will use Vixen 2.1 this year as it worked great last year.
    After the season I will dive into HLS. I agree the preview in Vixen is better.
    " Hot glue is your friend "

Post Thanks / Like

Going to give HLS a try this year. Almost finished sequencing this year's songs and personally, I prefer the HLS preview over Vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

Abandoned LSP 2.5 and now using HLS. Joe... you've done amazing things in a short period of time. Looking forward to the 2013 enhancements.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, I think the learning curve is just going to be too great this year. I started messing with HLS in its first release and I went a bit further with the earlier Beta releases, but I just didn't keep up.

I'm not sure if this can be done or how, but I definitely don't understand how to:
    1. Create a reusable Channel configurations.
    2. Share/copy sequences (makes it easier for those new to this and also allows for easier troublshooting)

It's probably me being stuck in the Vixen 2.x methods and concepts both Good and Bad, but I just can't grasp the HLS stuff. Now, I fear I'm in too much of a time crunch to get it to a point where I'm comfortable. My plan is to use Vixen to get started and spend the season moving to HLS. Maybe within a few weeks, I can get it far enough to convert my show to it.
    [COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]Dark Yard again for 2017 [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2] Still searching for more Time and Money[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="BLUE"][URL="https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyChristmas"]Display Facebook Page[/URL][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

I will take a more serious look once it has a preview similar to (or better than ) Vixen and support for the conductor. Really like what I have seen with it, but those are the two things keeping me on Vixen.

Thanks,
    -Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am going to use HLS this year I waited as long as I could for vixen 3. Really waited to long I am thankful for the guys working on 3.0 I know it takes time. But since I started using HLS And have learned to understand it more it is an awesome software and Joe is super fast at fixing bugs or bringing new ideas or needs into the software.

Post Thanks / Like

I will update all my videos this weekend using the current version of hls .

i have not completed 1 sequence yet still building elements and busy with work .

Sharing sequences with hls is very ez .

also reusing channel confguratios is as simple as saving your sequence -channel layout to a library and loading it from the library each time you create a new sequence .

I will recover all in very simple terms so you can use hls for this year without worry .

Cheers
    Richard .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast