Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: start/pause show from input trigger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: start/pause show from input trigger

I have released 7M - now with UDP based remote control.

When you build your Show list - there is now a check mark to identify if you want to Remotely Control the Play/Pause/Stop of your show using UDP commands.

The Show's play list times determines what sequence COULD play if authorized by the Remote Command

The following is the UDP packet that must be sent to HLS.

HLS receives its commands on port 4321

The following is the byte formation of the packet --- all values are hex

4A
    0C
    4A

The 0x70 in the above packet is the actual command -- the rest is headers and trailers for authentication

0x70 = Play
    0x71 = Pause
    0x72 = Stop

When you send pause - your position within the playlist does not change. When the next PLAY is received - the play list continues.

When you send STOP - the play list will start at the beginning with the reception of the next PLAY.

All commands are operated on following the completion of a playing sequence.

If multiple commands are received during the playing of a song - only the last command is operated on.

I've played with it here - very nice.

Enjoy.

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to hear how some people are using this new feature UDP packet feature. I would VERY much like to implement something like this with my show.

My perfect scenario is this.

I create some looping scene that runs all the time on my schedule, say from 7pm to 10pm. During that time this loop plays continually.

I can then setup some sort of motion sensor in my front yard that "senses" motion and kicks off the "show". This would start the 10 minute show, and then reset back to my looping scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joe,
    is it possible to start the show schedule waiting udp command to start the first sequence instead of playing and then waiting to start the next sequence?

thanks
    Fabio

Post Thanks / Like

That capability is already there.

When you define your show - on the dialog where you select start time - there is a check mark that states - "Start Under Remote Control".

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to really like this application...!

I am wondering if it would be possible for the following remote commands to be added:
    -ability to query the state of the play list (running, not running and which one)
    -ability to start a specific play list (independent of schedule)
    -list of all play list names with ID value (see below for explanation)

My thought is that you could still have the "Remotely Control the Play/Pause/Stop of your show using UDP commands" check box but also have an ID field where you can assign a numerical ID to it which you would send through UDP.

My personal setup:
    I have written an application which (in theory) is supposed to stream music from a remote server and play it through my FM station during off-hours.
    From sundown until show start, between shows and after the last show I would like to play a simple sequence with no audio over and over using the audio from the stream.
    My application plays custom sounds at specified intervals before the show acknowledging the charities and announcing "show will start in x minutes".
    When it is time to start the show I would like to send the command to stop the current sequence, play the desired shows play list and at the same time the audio stream will be terminated giving HLS audio control.
    My application would then query HLS to determine if a play list is running and when the play list is complete it would start the "between shows" sequence and start the audio stream again.

I realize that this could likely be done using the trigger mechanism, however, I thought this would be something that would be useful for remote management (i.e. mobile phone control) in the future.

I have just started playing with HLS a few days ago and recognize that everyone is quite busy this time of year so if something like this cannot be added until later (or never) that is fine... Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Alternatively if you planned on writing an "after hours radio station" from a local library or a stream as a feature in HLS then that would be the ultimate but I would personally consider that out of scope for the sequencer.
    Jason C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12