Thread: DIY Pyrotechnics???

Post Thanks / Like

Default DIY Pyrotechnics???

Ok its January, and time for ideas, smart and foolish..

Has anyone thought of adding some pyros into their show.. No one said that you had to make all the light with electricty did they?

I'm thinking a vertical flame thrower ( lpg ), and some smoke pots.. both dmx controlled so that they can be sequenced in..

Anyone got any other ideas to develop with one out?

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of us may "stray" away from this due to the "unpredictibility" nature of say - a channel getting fried "on" or something of that nature.

I would consider starting here:

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/

PLEASE NOTE FOR EVERYONE THIS IS NOT RECCOMMENDED OR A GOOD IDEA YOU CAN KILL YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE EASILY. IN THE UNITED STATES YOU NEED A PERMIT AND A LICENSE TO USE FIREWORKS

Post Thanks / Like

You NEVER NEVER NEVER want to control pyro with DMX! The DMX protocol has no feedback and is not robust enough or predictable enough for pyro.

For your safety and the safety of others please research more robust methods for firing pyro. Don't forget dead man switches.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

THIS IS A REALLY BAD IDEA TO EVEN SUGGEST!

There are people in here that Could kill themselves playing around with these things.

cmurray Guest

Here is a concept that could be neat for 4th of July with out killing everyone.
    Just don't catch the grass on fire.

Only the first I found... but you get the idea.
    http://www.creative-effects.com/Spec...generator.html

Now I am thinking... A shower or fountain of sparks would be soo cool.

Joel

Post Thanks / Like

One thing to note, creative effects is a professional theater company that does professional effects for film, stage, tv, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have locked this thread. This is not the place to discuss pyrotechnics of any sort. Here in NY "fireworks" are illegal unless possessed by a licensed pyrotechnics expert. The hardware we use and design here is not intended to control anything other than lights at this time. Any future discussions about the use/control/handling of pyrotechnics will be deleted and the poster will be subject to deletion.

We have young teens here trying to learn. We may even have some members children read the forums sometimes who may be even younger. Such impressionable kids may gets some bad ideas and get seriously injured, injure someone else and/or cause death in addition to the possibility of severe property damage. For these reasons pyrotechnic related discussions must not be allowed on this site or any sister site.

I am sure you all can understand the grave danger in promoting such a device without the proper training and safety guidelines in place.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.