Thread: Version 7.F Music Stop key

Post Thanks / Like

Default Version 7.F Music Stop key

Joe,
    With the newest version, I note that when playing music and I hit stop HLS automatically goes back to the beginning of the song. Is this an intended action?
    In previous versions it did not. I understand that "stop" is not the same as "pause", BUT HLS automatically goes back to the start of the song. This is not good, because if one is playing a song to find out a section needing sequencing, and you stop to make or insert effects that spot is no longer displayed. Stop should not automatically restart the song, Hitting play should automatically restart the song.
    3rd Year - 640 channels - 18,706 lights - 1 Lost Mind
    FACEBOOK: Fallatt's Charlotte Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Version 7.F Music Stop key

What about when a mark has been selected? Should it automatically roll back to the start mark? I think if no mark is selected, then stop should keep the cursor where you hit stop. However, if you have a section marked, it SHOULD roll back to the start mark. Just an opinion...
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

I asked about this in another thread - have a checkmark to select whether to bring the display back to the start - either from beginning or from the 'Start From' indicator. This is handy as well sometimes but I would say it should not be the default behaviour. With that said I don't know if Joe added this in at my request or not...
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

Post Thanks / Like

I also note that the buttons and/or Keys are not working properly
    "Play from mark" acts as a pause: while playing a song via "play" (from beginning) and hitting pause (Song pauses), and then play from mark (Song resumes from pause point)
    "Play from mark" acts as a pause: while playing a song via "Play from Mark" (at 1 min mark) and hitting pause (Song pauses), and then play from mark (Song resumes from pause point)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    What about when a mark has been selected? Should it automatically roll back to the start mark? I think if no mark is selected, then stop should keep the cursor where you hit stop. However, if you have a section marked, it SHOULD roll back to the start mark. Just an opinion...
    It should not matter, I dont think it should ever go automatically to the beginning, That is what the "play" is for. Hitting "Play" plays the song from the begining.

Post Thanks / Like

Look the Panel carefully.

You will see there is now a behavior selection - as to how to treat Stop.

Brians suggestion implemented.

Joe
    Last edited by JHinkle; 10-17-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG... if it was a snake it would have bit me. For the life of me I dont know how i missed that!
    Interesting, sorry!

And AWESOME!
    Last edited by rfallatt; 10-17-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Awesome added,