Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by boarder3 View Post
    You think running an extra 5 v and ground to the other end of each pixel. When you have as many pixels as me you wouldn't think so.besides its only needed for white. And I'm not even close to maxing out my supply think its the wire ray wu uses cause I'm using good wire.
    No one said you needed to inject after every pixel. The nature of 5 volt pixels is that they suffer from voltage drop, Anything that runs on 5 volts has the same issues. The way to compensate for this is to use power injection and calculate the load and distance requirments for your application so you can figure out how much power to inject, where to inject it, and what gauge wire is needed for injection. If you used 12 volt pixels you may still require injection, although you can run more pixels in a string before you need injection.
    You may or may not have more pixels than everyone else, it doesn't matter. the fact is anyone with more than 40 pixels may need to check and see if injection is needed for their application.
    Last edited by BrianJ; 10-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Medford, ny
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

    You do realize im only talking about white and making intensity 60% i tested at 60% and i dont see that much of a difference. Problem is to go and do that manually is impossible especially when using nutcracker

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

    the only people that will notice the pinkish hue is you and the members of this forum. when i tested my tree the viewers were full of ooh's ah's and oh's.

    not one said look at that pinkish ......

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    2,264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by n_gifford View Post
    I personally like this option. Implementing 'intelligent' dimming would be great and all, but I would much rather prefer to do the LITTLE bit of extra work to ensure that I am allowed the full operating range of my lights. The added cost is negligible, and it's only a little extra work per string/strip that is, in my opinion, kind of a no-brainer.
    Yes, enginerring the hardware properly in the first place is a great idea!
    [B][FONT=Arial]stell[COLOR="#FF0000"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="#008000"]s[/COLOR][COLOR="#0000CD"]c[/COLOR]apes[/FONT][/B] - LED lighting solutions for the Prosumer, Commercial and Entertainment Industries.
    Doing pixels first since 2009 with [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAt6A98lXQw"]just another megatree.[/URL]
    Follow us on Facebook at [url]www.facebook.com/stellascapes[/url]
    web: [url]www.stellascapes.com[/url]

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpackethead View Post
    Yes, enginerring the hardware properly in the first place is a great idea!
    Someone that understands! Thank you!!

    I am the type of person to OVER build everything. I am always of the mindset that it's better to over build than to under build, especially when it comes to electricity which ultimately translates to safety. I don't want to rely on software to restrict the amount of current sent to my lights. 9,999 times out of 10,000 it would probably never be an issue, but I don't like to take chances. Plus I like lighting my 1,500 pixels at 100% intensity! The neighbor across the street hates everyone and probably wishes we would all just die, so I love to drive her insane!
    Nick

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by n_gifford View Post
    Someone that understands! Thank you!!

    I am the type of person to OVER build everything. I am always of the mindset that it's better to over build than to under build, especially when it comes to electricity which ultimately translates to safety. I don't want to rely on software to restrict the amount of current sent to my lights. 9,999 times out of 10,000 it would probably never be an issue, but I don't like to take chances. Plus I like lighting my 1,500 pixels at 100% intensity! The neighbor across the street hates everyone and probably wishes we would all just die, so I love to drive her insane!
    I couldn't agree more Nick. Just as you shouldn't run a power supply past 75 or 80 percent, I think everything in your show should have that safety margin built in. Anything you spend the time and money on should be able to do what it is designed for. If we were purchasing this stuff ready to go we would be awfully upset that it wasn't built correctly so why would we take less care just because we are building it ourselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: is it possible to make this its needed by everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianJ View Post
    I couldn't agree more Nick. Just as you shouldn't run a power supply past 75 or 80 percent, I think everything in your show should have that safety margin built in. Anything you spend the time and money on should be able to do what it is designed for. If we were purchasing this stuff ready to go we would be awfully upset that it wasn't built correctly so why would we take less care just because we are building it ourselves?
    Bingo!!!
    Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •