Thread: My skull project

Post Thanks / Like

Default My skull project

hello Joe and all

This is a very simple Animatronic skull I just put together. It is driven with a Dave Hopp/Mike Ardel bobcat servo controler. It uses DMX protocol. Working quite well with HLS.

P1010027.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    P1010029.jpg

Still need to add some LED eyes
    Last edited by jess_her; 10-15-2012 at 03:23 PM.

2. Likes pcoshatt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My skull project

very cool Jess, looks like a nice addition to your Halloween display
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Jess,

Any idea if there is control for the SSC32? I also have the Bobcat controller with (10) board waiting to be built but no time!! I have been using Brookshire's VSA software and would LOVE to get away from it. I know Vexen can do it but was wondering if HLS will as well.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mark
    I'm not sure what SSC32's are. I'm a Lynx user. The bobcat uses a DMX protocol.
    Take advantage of the Bobcat programming utility on setting rotation and endpoints.
    HLS is working great with it.
    Jess

Post Thanks / Like

Jess,

Sorry for the long delay in continuing this conversation, but was wondering how your Halloween turned out? How are you liking HLS? I have LOR S3 for lighting but was playing with Vixen as it is: 1) Free 2) Has add-ons that will allow me to use Arduino and other controllers for Halloween. Do you see the same with HLS?

Thanks in advance,

Post Thanks / Like

Hello mkozik1,
    I'm all lynx except Bobcat, but it was a coop through DLA site. Had a mix of AC and DC controlers along with Bobcat. Did some smart string stuff but I think I'm going to do more props next year and less lights. I'm very happy with Joe's HLS, I wish I had more time with it. Don't know about Anduino, It's largly DMX protocal but I know he is working to get the Renard equipment working with it.
    Jess

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am going to do both next year. A couple of weeks prior to the "Big Day" I am going to do the light show and then on Halloween work the props. This year is Zombies coming off of Pirates!
    - Mark