Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E682 and lor s3

Post Thanks / Like

Default E682 and lor s3

Don't know if this should be in the lor lagoon or no. Please move if necessary.

I am looking to set up my e682 to lor s3. The e682 is connected to a switch and the computer is on the same. The e682 web server is accessible and I can run all the tests just fine. But lor won't send sequence commands to the controller or well the pixel strips won't light. The green light on the mag jack blinks but the green status light on the board is off or comes on dim sometimes.

I am using 1804 pixels by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E682 and lor s3

You will need to share a lot more info .

how are you connecting to the 682 through a router or directly from nic to switch ?

is lor setup and configured for e1.31 and correct universe etc?

could you post a pic of the 682 config ?

Post Thanks / Like

For LOR E1.31 don't you have to keep a utility open at all times - I don't recall the name of it but I seem to recall reading a post about it...
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Video Projection - not much new this year...
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x6804, 4x Ren48LSD, 30x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    For LOR E1.31 don't you have to keep a utility open at all times - I don't recall the name of it but I seem to recall reading a post about it...
    Yes, LORCommListener!

Post Thanks / Like

The e682 is connected to a switch and the computer is on the same switch. Then the switch runs to my router then to my modem.

The commonlistner is working too. All the universes come up and are recognized. I have 4 universes going to my lynx etherdogle. Then 5-10 are going to the e682.

Post Thanks / Like

Please post a screen capture of your E682 configuration screen. Make sure the tester is shut off - 'TE 0' then 'SA 0'.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Video Projection - not much new this year...
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x6804, 4x Ren48LSD, 30x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

as brian said ,

in 682 command line

Test 0

save 0

quit 10 to free web config

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    as brian said ,

in 682 command line

Test 0

save 0

quit 10 to free web config
    On the E682, you don't need to kill the web config, since there's a dedicated processor handling that now. So the last line 'quit 10' isn't needed.

Can you send any data to the E682 with something besides LOR S3? SACNview is a good tool to send data via E1.31 to check configuration of E682. But posting a screen shot of your config will help us help you.
    Mark
    Kernersville, NC
    On the move to another location sometime soon. Probably no display this year

Post Thanks / Like

I made a simple checklist that might cover something you may have missed. It doesn't cover any settings for the E682 since it's on the LOR help Forum. But there are a couple things in there that might be roadblocks to getting the lights to blinky/flashy.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. The help page worked. Didn't know that the e682 ran on multicast. I specified the ip from the beginning. but got it to work now. Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast