Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Speed Wireless GE Color Effects Controller - RFColor2_4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New High Speed Wireless GE Color Effects Controller - RFColor2_4

Well, interesting news.

When working on the W5100 shield, I was using the udp.begin(port), and noticed that the chip would receive ALL multicast UDP traffic directed at that port. This is good and bad, Good in that it was simple, bad in that it would receive other traffic or traffic that was to be directed to another transmitter board. This would have cause undue load on the controller code.

Well, the W5200 acts differently, it requires that the multicast socket configurations be correctly configured. The current ethernet library does not contain code to do this. I have modified the ethernet library and added this function. We can now both send and receive multicast E1.31 traffic, and it will be correctly filtered by the hardware!!!

So, in other words, I have the W5200 module working with multicast E1.31 and re-transmitting the packets via the RF module!!!

This requires a bit of code change in the Controller code, and a change to the ethernet library. (4 files).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Is there any preffered scheme of deciding mac addresses for DIY ethernet devices? I noticed it's hard coded in the sketch, but we wouldn't want to have two of the same mac address on the same network.

There is also some i2c/1wire roms with a unique numbers on each one. They can be pretty cheap in smd versions. Heres a to-92 one.
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...lVIqrX51x14%3d
    Last edited by kingofkya; 03-19-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    "Jack of all trades, master of none,

Certainly better than a master of one"
    Projects:
    [URL]http://hackaday.io/project/1092-Raptor12-AC-light-controller[/URL]

Videos
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/user/KingOfKYA/videos?flow=grid&view=0[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the 5200 library. I found a couple of source, then when to the Arduino forum, the posted 5200 library on github has known bugs in it. The arduino forum has a fixed version of this library. Either way, you will still need the changes for Multicast to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a picture of the working W5200 Module!!

Please don't laugh!!!
    IMG_0912_small.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the Dallas Semi Rom devices as a source for the MAC address, does anyone have some examples of code or schematics?

Post Thanks / Like

The 1-wire rom would be a good cheap way to do it. I wonder though how the other projects here that use the wiznet modules deal with this.
    Could a random number generator be of use here?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I found this link and thought this might be a better solution. Going to test it tomorrow.

http://z900collector.wordpress.com/a...ess-in-eeprom/

Post Thanks / Like

That does look like a better solution

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shm267 View Post
    I like the idea of the Dallas Semi Rom devices as a source for the MAC address, does anyone have some examples of code or schematics?
    There is already a 1wire lib its pretty easy attach wire to micro plus vcc and gnd.
    Last edited by kingofkya; 03-20-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    "Jack of all trades, master of none,

Certainly better than a master of one"
    Projects:
    [URL]http://hackaday.io/project/1092-Raptor12-AC-light-controller[/URL]

Videos
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/user/KingOfKYA/videos?flow=grid&view=0[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Newer version of the code.

This code now works with both the W5100 and W5200 ethernet modules from Wiznet. It also contain the new code for random setting of the MAC address and storing in the internal EEPROM.

Please see the README, as it contain important information on the included enhanced versions of the stock libraries.

This has been tested with Arduino IDE 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. Going forward, I will only be testing with 1.0.4. (Or whatever comes out next

As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments.

NOTE: Default universe was changed to 5, sorry.

So, now we don't need an additional component on the board to store MAC address!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shm267; 03-20-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast