Thread: Help needed on a DC SSR Ver 1.3 (b) from wlcventures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help needed on a DC SSR Ver 1.3 (b) from wlcventures

I need a bit of help. I am attempting to assemble a DC SSR from wlcventures (thanks Chris), using the following Wiki (http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...SR_Version_2.4), and I am stuck. See the following image for my areas of concern:

P1010534.jpg

The first question I have revolves around the 5v regulator (I will be running 12v so I need this). The part number as you can see from the following image is (MC78L05ACPRPG).

P1010547.jpg

I placed this part into the 78L05 slot on the PCB The silkscreen matched and the part looks correct, but I am not sure if this is the correct place. Should this go in the U1 slot area instead? The reason for my concern is I found a picture of one of these boards completed and it IS in the U1 slot, but it may be a different regulator. See the following image:

2012-07-21_08-14-40_116.jpg

My second question revolves around the 0.1 uF capacitors PN: C322C104Z5U See the following image for reference:

P1010552.jpg

Do these capacitors go in C1 and C2 on the PCB, and if so, which holes? The capacitors have two legs and there are three holes on the board.

Thanks for the help in advance! Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

The regulator match the flat of the part with the flat of the silk screen.

The capacitor there is an extra hole to accommodate different spaced leads. One lead needs to go in the hole with the square the other will be which ever the lead will match up to.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help needed on a DC SSR Ver 1.3 (b) from wlcventures

Thanks imbluenote for the reply. I was ready to break out my de-soldering iron to move the regulator. You have been much help.

Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Oh...if the was the question... The other regulator spot is if you had a regulator in a to-220 package (size of the mosfets) but the bom you have has the to-92 package, you are good where it is.

Pearland, Tx (sometimes) and anywhere on the globe the rest of the time
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this is correct. The boards are built to handle several different packages of Regulators and Capacitors!
    WLC Ventures is now [URL="http://radiant-holidays.com"]Radiant Holidays![/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris. The board is pretty self explanatory, I just wanted to be 100% sure.

PS. I love the part packaging. That's gotta take some time!