Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Android APP for testing E1.31 devices

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    OKLAHOMA
    Posts
    1,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Android APP for testing sACN (E1.31) devices

    tried the app on two devices one running 2.3.5 and one running 4.04
    both failed to run

    application e131 tester (process com end.e131tester) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again
    all pix <70 univ)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just wanted to say thanks for the responses. The multicast thing isn't working for me. Thanks anyways.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ponce, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keebler View Post
    tried the app on two devices one running 2.3.5 and one running 4.04
    both failed to run

    application e131 tester (process com end.e131tester) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again
    Will try to release a version with exception/error reporting so we can see why it failed..
    RGB Mega Tree Plugin: www.varaderolights.com

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Android APP for testing E1.31 devices

    Finally had some time to test your app and it works great! Thanx a lot for your work.

    Motorola Atrix (Gingerbread 2.6 - Stock, rooted) => works fine
    Viewsonic Gtab (Honecomb - Flashback mod) => works fine
    wanted to upgrade anyway, so I put ICS on the Gtab (Team DRH Beta 1.3) => works fine
    Toshiba Thrive (ICS 4.04 rooted Mod with Adhoc Patch) => works fine

    Tested different Universes, all and indiv. Pixels, no problems.

    Great job, this will be very helpful in a few weeks

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just tested it on my wife's kindle fire and an e681. Worked great!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Veldhoven (Netherlands)
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Android APP for testing sACN (E1.31) devices

    Tested it on 2 devices icw E681:
    - ASUS TF101 Transformer running Android 4.0 Perfect! Only 'autorotation' isn't working
    - Samsung Galaxy Y running 2.3.x.? Isn't working perfect. The last 2 sliders (green and blue) aren't functional anymore because they are outside the window...

    image001.jpg

    Nice and easy app to test your outputs.
    [URL="http://www.kerstlichtshow.nl"]KERSTSHOW / My Christmaslightshow[/URL]

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ponce, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by henkvis View Post
    Tested it on 2 devices icw E681:
    - ASUS TF101 Transformer running Android 4.0 Perfect! Only 'autorotation' isn't working
    - Samsung Galaxy Y running 2.3.x.? Isn't working perfect. The last 2 sliders (green and blue) aren't functional anymore because they are outside the window...

    image001.jpg

    Nice and easy app to test your outputs.
    Hey,

    The autorotate is disabled on the app. I need to manually create a different layout for each orientation.

    In the same line, the missing sliders might be due to an incompatible layout for the device screen size.

    I will try to create more layouts for different screen sizes and orientations.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Emmanuel
    RGB Mega Tree Plugin: www.varaderolights.com

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eagan, Mn.
    Posts
    4,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Android APP for testing E1.31 devices

    At risk of sounding silly, I take it the show PC has to be connected to the internet to use this app?

    Brian
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Royersford, PA (Philly)
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Android APP for testing E1.31 devices

    no, it shouldn't have to be, your android does need to have wifi access to the same network as the E1.31

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Veldhoven (Netherlands)
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Android APP for testing E1.31 devices

    Quote Originally Posted by nuelemma View Post
    Hey,

    The autorotate is disabled on the app. I need to manually create a different layout for each orientation.

    In the same line, the missing sliders might be due to an incompatible layout for the device screen size.

    I will try to create more layouts for different screen sizes and orientations.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Emmanuel

    Take your time.... As for my Asus-pad, it has a keyboard attached and therefore it would be nice to autorotate the screen. As for my phone, it's just the cheapest droid phone overhere Galaxy Y-xtra small orso.... Thanks for your work!
    [URL="http://www.kerstlichtshow.nl"]KERSTSHOW / My Christmaslightshow[/URL]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •