Thread: VA Mini

Post Thanks / Like

Default VA Mini

I know there is a guy only like 10min from me and I wondered if there were others in VA or close that would want to visit and discuss this lovely hobby. We can use my garage that is heated (no AC) if it rains. I am in Mechanicsville, Va which is 5min from Richmond. So what would be some good dates? I hope I get a response as I have never met anyone who does DIYC

Ben
    128 lynx Freestyle DMX channels(not all used), 4 SSR4 DMX channels, 120 Ren24 channels, and 48 Ren16 channels!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dinwiddie va here

Post Thanks / Like

well, there is a lady who lives like 20 min from me. I am going to help her take down stuff this weekend and show here some DIY stuff. She is very interested in it over LOR.

Ben
    128 lynx Freestyle DMX channels(not all used), 4 SSR4 DMX channels, 120 Ren24 channels, and 48 Ren16 channels!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up in Sterling VA and am fairly new to Xmas displays but have done HW for about 12 years now ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meadmkr
    I'm up in Sterling VA and am fairly new to Xmas displays but have done HW for about 12 years now ....
    welcome! You will like it here.

Ben

TheBigLog Guest

Good Idea Ben I was actually thinking we needed a mini in VA myself. I would love to discuss the hobby with other people in VA. My problem is I have so much stuff to do during the weeks and even sometimes weekends. To add on top of that I have my midterm exams coming up (I'm sure you do to). I just wish I had a good free weekend that we could do it on. I think it would be a lot easier for everyone to plan for if we had a set date (which i'm sure would happen for a mini). My point, Great Idea! :D

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Just letting you know you are welcome to come to the Philly Mini if you want to take the drive. I know at least 3 people have travelled from pretty far to get to the Philly mini in past years.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LightsByGreg
    Just letting you know you are welcome to come to the Philly Mini if you want to take the drive. I know at least 3 people have travelled from pretty far to get to the Philly mini in past years.

Greg
    I would but me ( not sure about RG) can't drive. My dad takes me to Maryland for Rocket launches but that is about as far as it goes!!

Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Quote Originally Posted by LightsByGreg

Greg
    I would but me ( not sure about RG) can't drive. My dad takes me to Maryland for Rocket launches but that is about as far as it goes!!

Ben
    Ben-

Get in touch with Glen (GS), he comes from Virigina, maybe near you?

Just a thought

Lou

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: VA Mini

Quote Originally Posted by lbro View Post
    Ben-

Get in touch with Glen (GS), he comes from Virigina, maybe near you?

Just a thought

Lou
    I would be coming from Virginia (south from ben though have to pass through his where abouts) to get back "home" as well. So, I'm also an option dependent upon date of the meet.

ben, just tell your dad I offered you candy. <rolls eyes> lol - naw I'm a father as well, so, I'd understand his concerns if he were to have any, though the offer is on the table.