Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: VA Mini

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default VA Mini

    I know there is a guy only like 10min from me and I wondered if there were others in VA or close that would want to visit and discuss this lovely hobby. We can use my garage that is heated (no AC) if it rains. I am in Mechanicsville, Va which is 5min from Richmond. So what would be some good dates? I hope I get a response as I have never met anyone who does DIYC

    Ben
    128 lynx Freestyle DMX channels(not all used), 4 SSR4 DMX channels, 120 Ren24 channels, and 48 Ren16 channels!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dinwiddie va here

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    well, there is a lady who lives like 20 min from me. I am going to help her take down stuff this weekend and show here some DIY stuff. She is very interested in it over LOR.

    Ben
    128 lynx Freestyle DMX channels(not all used), 4 SSR4 DMX channels, 120 Ren24 channels, and 48 Ren16 channels!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm up in Sterling VA and am fairly new to Xmas displays but have done HW for about 12 years now ....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meadmkr
    I'm up in Sterling VA and am fairly new to Xmas displays but have done HW for about 12 years now ....
    welcome! You will like it here.

    Ben
    128 lynx Freestyle DMX channels(not all used), 4 SSR4 DMX channels, 120 Ren24 channels, and 48 Ren16 channels!!

  6. #6
    TheBigLog Guest

    Default

    Good Idea Ben I was actually thinking we needed a mini in VA myself. I would love to discuss the hobby with other people in VA. My problem is I have so much stuff to do during the weeks and even sometimes weekends. To add on top of that I have my midterm exams coming up (I'm sure you do to). I just wish I had a good free weekend that we could do it on. I think it would be a lot easier for everyone to plan for if we had a set date (which i'm sure would happen for a mini). My point, Great Idea! :D

    Rob

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA / Pittsgrove, NJ
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just letting you know you are welcome to come to the Philly Mini if you want to take the drive. I know at least 3 people have travelled from pretty far to get to the Philly mini in past years.

    Greg

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightsByGreg
    Just letting you know you are welcome to come to the Philly Mini if you want to take the drive. I know at least 3 people have travelled from pretty far to get to the Philly mini in past years.

    Greg
    I would but me ( not sure about RG) can't drive. My dad takes me to Maryland for Rocket launches but that is about as far as it goes!!

    Ben
    128 lynx Freestyle DMX channels(not all used), 4 SSR4 DMX channels, 120 Ren24 channels, and 48 Ren16 channels!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburb
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Quote Originally Posted by LightsByGreg
    Just letting you know you are welcome to come to the Philly Mini if you want to take the drive. I know at least 3 people have travelled from pretty far to get to the Philly mini in past years.

    Greg
    I would but me ( not sure about RG) can't drive. My dad takes me to Maryland for Rocket launches but that is about as far as it goes!!

    Ben
    Ben-

    Get in touch with Glen (GS), he comes from Virigina, maybe near you?

    Just a thought

    Lou

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VA Mini

    Quote Originally Posted by lbro View Post
    Ben-

    Get in touch with Glen (GS), he comes from Virigina, maybe near you?

    Just a thought

    Lou
    I would be coming from Virginia (south from ben though have to pass through his where abouts) to get back "home" as well. So, I'm also an option dependent upon date of the meet.

    ben, just tell your dad I offered you candy. <rolls eyes> lol - naw I'm a father as well, so, I'd understand his concerns if he were to have any, though the offer is on the table.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •