Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Papagayo to Vixen Plug-in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Papagayo to Vixen Plug-in

Wow. When I posted that, I didn't read the rest of the thread and didn't realize that this was a new plug-in, different from the one I used last year. Sounds like this might be better at mapping the different phonemes to the proper channels. I'll be giving this a try here in a few weeks.
    5 houses using:
    Renard 64, 3 Ren24's, Ren8
    4 E682 pixel controllers
    2,300 WS2801 pixel nodes
    1200 dumb RGB
    Sequenced using LSP 2.5

Post Thanks / Like

So far so good, the only issue I have is that after importing a papa file, it does not remember how the phonemes are mapped to the channels. That is going to get very old with the number of clips I had chopped my song into... Is there any way the addin can remember channel mapping??
    [B][URL="http://halloween.tittivillus.com"]Andersonville Cemetery[/URL][/B]

2011 Halloween -- 18 Channels - 6 channels Mr. Christmas, 12 channels Arduino, all On/Off unfortunately...
    2012 Halloween -- nuthin. Everything went to hell in a handbasket :-P
    2013 Halloween -- 48 (1 dead) Renard SS24, + 6 from Mr. Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MacabreRob View Post
    So far so good, the only issue I have is that after importing a papa file, it does not remember how the phonemes are mapped to the channels. That is going to get very old with the number of clips I had chopped my song into... Is there any way the addin can remember channel mapping??
    Possibly....
    I realized that when I used it for the first time. At the time, I didn't have an elegant solution in code to save the channel mappings without changing a large portion of the plug-in, so I memorized the mappings. Since then, I have had a little time to think about it and have a couple of ideas that may not require as much re-write. I will take a look at the code tonight.
    Last edited by ebrady; 08-07-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Hit send too soon! Hillbilly grammar

Post Thanks / Like

I have uploaded a new version.

It hasn't been tested much yet, so you may break it, if so let me know. Once a voice is mapped in the sequence, loading other pgo files will inherit the same mapping . Be aware that this mapping is specific to each sequence.

Example - Sequence A:
    1 - Define Voice Phoneme->Channel Mappings
    2 - Load a new pgo file, the plugin will search for any mappings previously defined at one time or the other FOR SEQUENCE A.
    3 - If one is found, it will attempt to use that mapping.
    4 - If one is not found, you will have to map it manually
    5 - When the sequence is saved, it will also save the database of voice name channel mappings defined for any pgo file previously loaded into that sequence. You can continue to use these mappings on subsequent loads of the sequence.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I will give it a shot. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

2011 Halloween -- 18 Channels - 6 channels Mr. Christmas, 12 channels Arduino, all On/Off unfortunately...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, works great when there is a single voice. However, if there are multiples, it doesn't want to map correctly, or remember the channels assigned. I can send you a .pgo file if you like that is failing. I'm going to try to strip out the other voices on a copy of the file to see if I can get the main voice out...

Note: seems to be tied to a voice not named "Voice 1"
    Last edited by MacabreRob; 08-09-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, works great when there is a single voice. However, if there are multiples, it doesn't want to map correctly, or remember the channels assigned. I can send you a .pgo file if you like that is failing. I'm going to try to strip out the other voices on a copy of the file to see if I can get the main voice out...

Note: seems to be tied to a voice not named "Voice 1"
    Send me the files and I will take a look, I will PM you the e-mail address. Multiple voices should work, keep in mind that it will only auto-map the channels if the voice names are identical to ones that you previously mapped at one point or another for that particular sequence.

Here is a hypothetical example
    If you load pgo file A and it has Voice #1 and Voice #2, you will have to manually map both of these voices.

Then when you load pgo file B into the same sequence, and it has Voice #1, Voice #2, and Voice #3. It should automatically inherit the mappings for Voice #1 and Voice #2 and you will have to map Voice #3 because it has not been previously mapped.

If you then load pgo file C, into the sequence, and it has Voice #1 and Voice #3, it should automatically map both.

This was the easy scheme to implement without making a major change to how the plugin worked.

Shoot me a couple of the pgo files you are working with and the sequence and I will take a look at.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for this- just ran my first singing pumpkin- had 20-ish papagayo chunks mapped out and dumped them into vixen 1-by-1 with very little fuss over timing, and am very pleased with the end result. 7 1/2 minute symphony orchestra version of Enter Sandman by Metallica looking great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torque View Post
    thank you for this- just ran my first singing pumpkin- had 20-ish papagayo chunks mapped out and dumped them into vixen 1-by-1 with very little fuss over timing, and am very pleased with the end result. 7 1/2 minute symphony orchestra version of Enter Sandman by Metallica looking great.
    And the videos of your singing pumpkin can be found where????

LOL...
    Lightman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    And the videos of your singing pumpkin can be found where????

LOL...
    Lightman
    My thoughts exactly! I started working on One by Metallica last year as a fun song, but never finished.
    [url]http://christmasonquiethills.com/[/url]
    [url]http://diychristmas.org/vb1/index.php[/url]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast