Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Ear to Ear Networking.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ear to Ear Networking.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    This is exactly what I was getting at. IrDA is just a vehicle for transporting bytes, you should only need to figure out the speed, everything else is handled by the hardware.
    2400 baud seems little slow, but if it's true, it is possible that they use carrier and not IrDA.
    It's not carrier based since the processor does not support a carrier based system but it does support IrDA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Read comments under the video, all information is right there. How did I miss that?
    You and me both. I found that a while back but couldn't find it again even though it was right under my nose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    It's not carrier based since the processor does not support a carrier based system but it does support IrDA.
    Yeah, I have realized that right after I wrote my post, the IR detector is not a carrier based detector, so it had to be IrDA.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you guys want to decipher this down to the bit level and timing but has anyone thought of just using a universal remote; the kind that you just aim another remote at it and press one of the buttons? Now the universal remote just repeats what it saw.

A lot of these remotes have a 6 pin connector on the back (or you can add it). It’s just a serial port that you can connect up to an RS232 port on a computer. A lot of these have been hacked years ago and there’s free software that can graph what the data looks like.

You could always just hack a remote so you have access to the buttons. Who’s going to know, or care how you’re transmitting? Once you have a remote working, it’s easy to copy it to another one.
    A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves.

Click here to show/hide my display details ...
    Click here to show/hide DIYC Links ...

Post Thanks / Like

We need to agree to combine some of these threads. It's getting confusing.

BTW, I went through a bunch of 8 bit CRC polynomials ad struck out. Still looking on the WEB for a site that you can give multiple data sets with CRC to and it will figure out the CRC algorithm.

Post Thanks / Like

Given that this is thread seems to focus mainly on Lightman's effort (roll your own), I propose the Disney ears discussion stays over here.

Thanks,

-joni-

We need to agree to combine some of these threads. It's getting confusing.

BTW, I went through a bunch of 8 bit CRC polynomials ad struck out. Still looking on the WEB for a site that you can give multiple data sets with CRC to and it will figure out the CRC algorithm.
    2015 Plans: More pixels, add more Komby radios, and weld new props!
    [URL="http://amistosolights.com"]http://amistosolights.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm coming to the conclusion that the best way is to use a RS232 IrDA dongle or a specially built USB one using a FTDI chip. I've been going over this for the last few hours and just may layout a board to do the job.

Just wish there was a way to do this with my iPad since I really didn't want to take a full notebook to the park. You see people with iPads all the time so the cast would not even look twice at one.
    Have you considered using an Android tablet? Some of them have USB Host capabilities and if you root it then you get full root privileges on the devices so you can use a terminal and work directly in linux.(Practically, from what I understand)
    DIYC Links:
    [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php"]Christmas Wiki[/URL] | [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/addonchat.php"]Chat[/URL]

Ricky, Jrd

"With great power comes great electricity bill." - Unknown Electricity Consumer
    "Your significance in life is not what you do, but how and why you do something." - Unknown Minister
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2012
    City float for Parade of Lights with:
    Fm-02 + Wall Wart Tamer
    2 Ren4Flood + DIYCFlood + Ren-W in 500 Watt enclosure
    2 Simple Renard 32
    15 SSROZ
    2 24 Channel RBW LED Ropelight Midi Trees out of artificial Christmas trees.

<a href="#" onclick="return(showhide(this));">Click here to show/hide my past display details ...</a>
    <script language="javascript">function showhide(anc){ //
    // traverse forward from anchor to find hidable div:
    for(; ; ){ if(!anc.nextSibling) break; if(anc.nextSibling.nodeName == "DIV") break; anc = anc.nextSibling; }//
    var Y='block', N='none', det=anc.nextSibling; //
    //fall-back plan: use named div:
    if (!det) det=document.getElementById('details'); //
    //toggle visibility:
    det.style.display=(det.style.display!=N)?N:Y; //
    //prevent page refresh:
    return false;}</script><div id="details" style="display:none;">2011
    Renard 24 v3.3 100%
    FM-02 with antenna 100%
    16' 8 channel Multi-color + Clear Megatree 100%</div>[/COLOR]

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425