Thread: Desktop full HLS Icons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Desktop full HLS Icons

Hi Joe:I have a problem, Where am I going wrong? have I neglected to do something,? every time I save a sequence another batch of HLS icons appear. Is this normal? I hope not because I really am enjoying building the sequences, can I place these files in folders in order to make some room on my desktop. Any helpful advice will be greatly apprecceated.
    Thanks Ted19020

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Desktop full HLS Icons

I would upload a screen shot that might be a bit vague

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you have installed Hls on your desktop , if so you might want to create a folder ,name it hls and locate it like this c:\ Hls .

install a fresh copy of hls in this new folder then cut and paste the files hls has created on your desktop to this new folder that you created at c:\Hls

Post Thanks / Like

I think Joe's instructions clearly say do not install on desktop - you may have found the reason why!
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted19020 View Post
    Hi Joe:I have a problem, Where am I going wrong? have I neglected to do something,? every time I save a sequence another batch of HLS icons appear. Is this normal? I hope not because I really am enjoying building the sequences, can I place these files in folders in order to make some room on my desktop. Any helpful advice will be greatly apprecceated.
    Thanks Ted19020
    The DeskTop is meant to hold shortcuts to programs - not the actual program and their associated files.

I always suggest you create a folder ... like C:HLS --- and place the downloads there.

I also suggest you place each sequence in its own folder. As an example - you have Seq1 and Seq2.

Seq1 is located at C:\HLS\Seq1 and Seq2 is located in folder C:\HLS\Seq2. That way you don't mix up all of the files and have one big messy folder (or desktop).

I'm very pleased you are enjoying HLS.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you one and all for getting me back on track. I admit that I will skim through instructions and then proceed full speed ahead, and then when I get in over my head, I still try to figure it out. This time I failed and asked for help that was fast in coming and accurate. My desk top is back to normal. Thanks again
    Ted19020 73 years old and still on the up side of the learning curve.