Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nutcracker: new effect, animated gif's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nutcracker: new effect, animated gif's

Quote Originally Posted by boarder3 View Post
    Think i explained wrong i dont want to do a box just a string with 64 pixels like a matrix. right now i have a tree shaped coro plastic with like 38 pixels but if i could use 64 in a matrix and put pictures of a tree in there and scroll text that would be much better. Do you think 64 pixels would be enough for that?
    You could try and see what a matrix looks like,

Build a target like this

Model type? Matrix
    Number of strings? 1
    Number of pixels per string ? 64
    Number of folds? 8

This will give you an 8x8 grid. Now try some effects.

Scrolling text might work, butterfly should work, animated gifs prob are not going to look like anything with such a small pixel count.

Most people on this forum are talking 8 strings of 50 and such, one user has 48 strings of 64.

The more pixels, the better the effects.

Like I said, the advantage of Nutcracker is you get to try these things out.

You might next try 2 strings of 64 pixels. Build a diff target and try effects on it.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

The page seems kinda jumbled, hard to tell which input goes into what field.
    Getting this message afterwards during creation -

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fromrgb() (previously declared in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/gif.php:363) in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 789

Appears others are sucessful so I am pobaby doing something incorrect.

Care Instructions: Never leave light set unattended while plugged in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by klyneshouse View Post
    The page seems kinda jumbled, hard to tell which input goes into what field.
    Getting this message afterwards during creation -

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fromrgb() (previously declared in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/gif.php:363) in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 789

Appears others are sucessful so I am pobaby doing something incorrect.
    Can you tell me your login name and the target and effect names. i will try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smeighan View Post
    You each have a gif library space. Load up some animate gifs and see what they look like.
    I've looked but can't find any gif library space in my account. How do I get to it? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

On a semi-related note - will the installer be fixed at some point? I know you mean for most folks to use your site but I would like to have a local version running just in case as a backup.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMo View Post
    I've looked but can't find any gif library space in my account. How do I get to it? Thanks.
    Everyone has a place for the gifs, You can upload your own gifs there.

If you are talking about the pile of gif's i loaded a few months back in as a seeded pile, i have copied those into your library.

people who have created a nutcracker account since april may be missing my pile of gif's/ it is on my lst of to do's to make it part of the new account setup.

just pm me if you dont see 20-30 gifs when you go into the gif effect, i will copy a pile over for anyone.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    On a semi-related note - will the installer be fixed at some point? I know you mean for most folks to use your site but I would like to have a local version running just in case as a backup.
    i dont know brian.
    i am thinking of changing this so that you pull down the code from sourceforge instead. I have not finished the sourceforge setup.

so, i am thinking of how to best allow setting up nutcracker locally.

i run my runs locally, but then i have the git copy of all the sources here.

it is on my to do list

sean

Post Thanks / Like

I fixed the installer a while ago and sent Sean some PMs with updates. I'm not sure if it still works, so I'll try again when I get home. I tested on a LAMP install, not WAMP, and I haven't updated so I don't know if it still works. I'll let you know some time tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Figured out my confusion: I was trying to upload a static .gif using the "picture" effect, and there are no links to the library from that page. I got the animated .gif working fine, and was able to upload and use one from my hard drive.

Again, many thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Budude, I have sent you a PM (with Sean on CC) with the details for the local install. I don't want to post things around Sean, so I've included him. I'll leave it up to him for releasing changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12