Thread: STICKY - Arduino Based Control Layout Design Description

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation STICKY - CODENAME: Renardiuno - Arduino Based Control Layout Design Description

CODENAME: Renardiuno

This is not a new thread! Just a document thread to spawn the parts of the design from.

Please go to the threads appropriate for your interest.

Currently working on the designs of:

• Stand-alone arduino player being worked on
    • Arduino Renard Shield and software
    • RF hope Based Connector

More work needs to be done on the following:
    • Coordinator
    • Vixen drivers
    • Wired Xbee based connector
    • GECE Shield

Design to be completed for September 2012

HISTORY

Arduino Based Control system/layout Design

Zeph originally started it. This thread is used to discribe the design only. Please go to the
    Vixen-Arduino-Standardization-HELP-WANTED
    "http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?19483-Vixen-Arduino-Standardization-HELP-WANTED!/page9"

I have attached a system I am thinking all in the threads are describing for a design standard. It is biased towards the Renard system.
    The "or" is a separation for options.

The shields can be off the shelf if they exist and other have to be made. This design offers flexibility on what platform, shield, Communications options one would want. I have included serial, Ethernet, and Wifi. I have also included Xbee, Rf hope, and wifi adapters.

The protocol is in the software that is installed weather it be renard, a new protocol or DMX. Please keep in mind it is seperated from the hardware described in this document.

The coordinator box is a unit that can distribute the information to the rf hope and xbee system that is not to be a broadcast to all communications, but split
    'like'' ip address or id that xbee uses.

I hope this is clear and shows graphically the system we are about to create.

I propose this as a base design that we keep.

I invite questions to explain the design and defend it. I woke up with the vision and quickly placed in on paper.

Attached Thumbnails
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by roboengr; 04-10-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: STICKY - Arduino Based Control Layout Design Description

If anyone wishes to contribute to the stand-alone arduino player, the thread is here:

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...ing-on-Arduino
    - Jon Proietti

Post Thanks / Like

We have the horea which is the GECE strings and other types of GECE circuits trying to find the best design. The Nutcracker RGB tools. Jonpro has the stand-alone Player in his forms with drivers. Then the Arduiono standard which is tying the systems together per the drawing included above in the forum.

This is exciting!!

Does anyone have something to add to the projects?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like everyone has really contributed to the design this year. Some coordination of efforts are need to get the big picture of the end results.