Thread: F.A.S.T. hex File Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Default F.A.S.T. hex File Wanted

All right I have been trying to convert the FAST file into a hex file & having ZERO luck. Does anyone have the hex file for the FAST that can send it to me??
    If not I guess the 20 FAST that I bought will have to be trashed.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: F.A.S.T. hex File Wanted

I couldn't bear to see you trash them. Give them to me if you don't want them. However here is what I have. It is also in the library section under firmware.

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gdyrdave; 04-07-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...IC_programming
    It's almost mandatory in this hobby to learn to do this. Watch Wayne's videos above. If you have 20 fast tubes you're going to want to tweak some of the parameters or they'll all fall together so the above hex file isn't going to be good to put on all 20 tubes.
    5 houses using:
    Renard 64, 3 Ren24's, Ren8
    4 E682 pixel controllers
    2,300 WS2801 pixel nodes
    1200 dumb RGB
    Sequenced using LSP 2.5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n8huntsman View Post
    http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...IC_programming
    It's almost mandatory in this hobby to learn to do this. Watch Wayne's videos above. If you have 20 fast tubes you're going to want to tweak some of the parameters or they'll all fall together so the above hex file isn't going to be good to put on all 20 tubes.
    +1...

I had a problem with it initially too. Have you complied other files and have similar problems or is it just the fast that you are having a problem with

Post Thanks / Like

Just the FAST it says it has written to the PIC & Verify but when I put it in the FAST nothing happens. I know my assemble is good as I tried one of last years PIC in the new build & it works. Last years PIC was programmed in the COOP.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which method you are using to program the PICs - have you tried (or are you using) the PICKit SW? I personally prefer that myself. What I would suggest is popping in a known good FAST PIC and reading it out to a file - that will give you a 100% known good file. Pop in new PIC and write the PIC with that saved file and see if it works. That will prove you can write good PIC code. It might help to do a screen cap of the SW just before you write to show how it's configured. Just be sure to re-import the file if you perform a PIC erase since the erase writes a blank and then reads in the PIC leaving you with a blank table to write your PIC.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    Not sure which method you are using to program the PICs - have you tried (or are you using) the PICKit SW? I personally prefer that myself. What I would suggest is popping in a known good FAST PIC and reading it out to a file - that will give you a 100% known good file. Pop in new PIC and write the PIC with that saved file and see if it works. That will prove you can write good PIC code. It might help to do a screen cap of the SW just before you write to show how it's configured. Just be sure to re-import the file if you perform a PIC erase since the erase writes a blank and then reads in the PIC leaving you with a blank table to write your PIC.
    I'm not sure that I would recommend this right now. There is too great a chance of accidentally erasing the good PIC if there is some sort of cockpit error involving the programmer (or a problem with the programmer itself if it's one of the cheapies from Ebay or the like).
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by P. Short View Post
    I'm not sure that I would recommend this right now. There is too great a chance of accidentally erasing the good PIC if there is some sort of cockpit error involving the programmer (or a problem with the programmer itself if it's one of the cheapies from Ebay or the like).
    My assumption is that he has more than one working PIC - perhaps a bad assumption - but if not it should be OK... It's a good method as long as you take your time.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have more then one good PIC. I am using a brand new Pickit3 which I have been able to program a Lynx Express PIC but it was on the control board using an ICSP pin had no problem

Mike