Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android takes a hit...

Post Thanks / Like

I have an android phone and I love it. I recently rooted it so I could get free Wi-Fi tethering. Sprint wanted 30 a month for service so I agree that the cell providers are trying to lock down the phone's abilities just to make a buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Android takes a hit...

Quote Originally Posted by Skunberg View Post
    Not on my Galaxy S, I get a little icon at the top of the display if there's mail. Even different icon for each email account. I don't even have to logon, just turn on the display and see if the icon is there.

Brian
    Are you saying you know what folders the new mail is in? Have multiple accounts I see all email except the ones that moved into the inbox sub folders by my server side rules.
    Matt

You too can become a Supporting member of DIYC.
    Check it out here

Baulkolites.com is going to close - my new site is MyNoelLights.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here is sad truth. Android is open and ANY manufacture can make an device that runs Android. So some of the devices are a lower quality than others. Buyer beware. But on the flip side, because it is open you will always see the newer technologies on the Android devices first. Some of that technology proves to be a winner, some of it, well, not so much - but you will see it on Android first. Again, buyer beware. Apple and Microsoft make consumer-based devices - they cannot and will not try anything that is new and unproven. They can't afford to. So if Android goes away, which it won't, then advances in the consumer hand device market slows down significantly.

Sad news for both Android because they will always have that Achilles heel of a dissatisfied consumer on both the low end and high end of the available devices and sad news for the other manufactures as the openness of the Android platform has left them to play a constant game of catch up to the leader.

This article was written by, as others of pointed out, a patsy for one of the "followers", Microsoft.

Apple has a nothing to offer other than a superb marketing department. Siri is a joke, as Android had the concept of using the cell device to connect to a web-service for voice recognition and smart searches years before the introduction of Siri. I have yet to see Siri do anything that that my Android devices hadn't already done for years. Oh. sure, it doesn't call me rock god just because I asked it to, but, siriously, come on, do I really need that?

...oh, and I didn't need a cell phone to tell me that locksmiths can unlock locks. Just sayin'...

Sorry to ramble on, but think about Siri for a moment and you will see that Apple has nothing to offer but a marketing department. The premise behind Siri is that it such an advancement that I need to buy the latest and greatest iPhone 4S just to get it. Because, well, obviously, none of the previous iPhone models had the necessary high end technology to offer Siri - you know, like a microphone and an internet connection...

...wake up, sheeple. Every Android device, high-end, low-end, brand new or four years old, it does not matter, if has a microphone and an internet connection can use Google's voice search feature.

Post Thanks / Like

Im sick of apple products and there constant asking for updates. Itunes is annoying i went to android and dont need itunes anymore. All i do is open mp3 downloader type in song its in phone for free no computer needed. Also iphone doesnt have flash so got sick of black squares on my pages unless that site has mobile web pages but i like to view the desktop site on my phone. Apple has a great following ill give them that if they were to come out with a brick people would say this is the best brick ive ever seen you got to get the ibrick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12