Thread: Great price for replacement iron tips for the CSI-1A soldering station

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great price for replacement iron tips for the CSI-1A soldering station

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Solder-So...item3a718033de

I bought these about a month ago. They fit the CSI-1A soldering station and I haven't soldered with them yet, but I will hopefully be getting to that tomorrow. I well let you guys know. Ya just can't beat 10 tips for $5.79 though.
    2010 Plan: Hoping to maybe break the 100 channel marker.
    2011 Plan: Finally hitting 116 channels!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great price for replacement iron tips for the CSI-1A soldering station

Looking forward to a report on them. I may buy some myself.
    James Family Christmas - 1144 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great price for replacement iron tips for the CSI-1A soldering station

Following this thread as well, as I have the CSI-2A (great station, don't know why they discontinued it) which takes the same tips. Please do report back.

As an aside, are the non-pointy tips very useful for electronics work?

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing. The best ones are the chisel-point and pointy ones (IMHO) and I was wondering about the usefulness of the other 7 tips... Still, this is VERY interesting.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok..... I put together a board yesterday with a .06 chisel tip,I believe it was (might have been a .08). It was the first time I tried to solder with a chisel tip by the way and it went very well. I prefer the conical tips myself. Anyways, after the soldering the tip looks to be in good shape.

I would give this a thumbs up!

Of course the only bad part of this is that you have to wait about two to three weeks for the tips to come in and they do a lot of shimmying and shaking on the way to you so the plastic sleeve that the tips were put it might tear (Mine was torn, but the tips were intact).
    Last edited by Penfold; 03-30-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added information on the packaging.
    2010 Plan: Hoping to maybe break the 100 channel marker.
    2011 Plan: Finally hitting 116 channels!

Post Thanks / Like

Good enough review for me - I'm going to get some! Thanks for the heads-up.