Thread: arch diffuser new idea

Post Thanks / Like

Default arch diffuser new idea

here is my first test on making a arch with 6803 .. as you can see on each corner the led going into the 3 inch vinyl tube ,,, i got those tube from the window tinted shop ,,they were free lol,,, then i cut them into 6 inch with a aprox 10 degree angle to make the form .. it is far from perfect as i am not done playing with the tube but i wanted to see if it was possible to used them on arch ... more to fallow ...by the way it will also work wit any led strip
    cheer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIIS9...ature=youtu.be

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: arch diffuser new idea

Nice. I like the LARGE color diffusion the tube creates.
    I gotta get me some of those....
    Chuck P
    nothing to show

Post Thanks / Like

The guys down under have been trying to find a way to bend them but no luck so far. They just seem to be too thin to bend without kinking. Until someone finds a way to bend them we're somewhat limited to straight props. That said they should make great north poles, Bellagio poles and similar props.

BTW they seem to look the best if the RGB strip is all the way to the back of the tube. It does cast a shadow on the back side but no ones is looking at that side anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    The guys down under have been trying to find a way to bend them but no luck so far. They just seem to be too thin to bend without kinking. Until someone finds a way to bend them we're somewhat limited to straight props. That said they should make great north poles, Bellagio poles and similar props.

BTW they seem to look the best if the RGB strip is all the way to the back of the tube. It does cast a shadow on the back side but no ones is looking at that side anyway.
    that is why i cut them in 6 inch piec ..not perfect but better than nothing
    cheer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timon View Post
    The guys down under have been trying to find a way to bend them but no luck so far. They just seem to be too thin to bend without kinking. Until someone finds a way to bend them we're somewhat limited to straight props.
    What about using a "hotbox" Used to bend pvc conduit on construction sites. Maybe you can find an ongoing construction project and ask the "sparky" if he could bend it for you.
    Challenge him, Tell him he won't be able to do it 'cause it is not electrical pvc conduit.
    Chuck P
    nothing to show

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe but the guys down under found that you have to put something inside, air pressure, sand or the like, or it will kink but even then it tends to blowout. One idea I had was to do it like they do to bend copper tubing and that's to use a flexible spring on either the inside our out. Problem is finding a spring the right size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk