Thread: Freestyler working/ Vixen not

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freestyler working/ Vixen not

I bought a controller http://www.electron-design.ru/led16dmx/ and I can get it to work with freestyler but I would really like to use this with Vixen. I have tried entec pro and open, the communication light comes on but I just can't get it to do anything else. Looked all through all the threads to see if there is anything on this type of controller but no luck. Just needing a push in the right direction. Many thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Freestyler working/ Vixen not

To clarify - you have both an Enttec Open and an Enttec Pro dongle or you have one or the other and tried both Vixen plug-ins? Can you confirm the wiring you used since either Enttec is an XLR and this device has an RJ45.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

To clarify - you have both an Enttec Open and an Enttec Pro dongle or you have one or the other and tried both Vixen plug-ins? Can you confirm the wiring you used since either Enttec is an XLR and this device has an RJ45.
    Brian,
    I am using the usb dongle on this device using the Enttec Open and also trying the Enttec Pro plugins with Vixen. It works great with the Freestyler software but when I try the vixen software it just lights up the connection led.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcoshatt View Post
    Brian,
    I am using the usb dongle on this device using the Enttec Open and also trying the Enttec Pro plugins with Vixen. It works great with the Freestyler software but when I try the vixen software it just lights up the connection led.
    What device settings are you using in Freestyler? I'm not convinced that this is compatible with the Enttec Pro or Open.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using the Enttec Open then - surprise - you need to use the Enttec Open plug-in - but also you need to enable the DMX "Add-In" (see the Add-In menu) in addition to the Plug-in. This makes Vixen continuously send the DMX stream through the Plug-In. It sounds like you have the wiring correct but if it still doesn't work you may want to swap the D+/D- lines around for grins.
    Brian

2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Post Thanks / Like

Ok will try that thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

+1 to the Enttec Open setup. The other thing that "could" be happening is that Vixen is blasting away the DMX data faster than DMX spec states. I've seen it happen, but it's rare. Try the Enttec Open setup, and let us know if you get any errors or warning boxes when trying to play a sequence.
    Check out what the Extreme Lighting Products Shop is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone, you have solved the problem!! I have been trying 3.0 so I downgraded to 2.1.1 and it works!! I will scratch my head some more on the 3.0 but for now happy with 2.1.1! A big thanks to this forum of great people!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have used chilloutdocdoc's Enttec Open Plug-In with 3.0 and I did see some issues with it after the 32 channel (give or take) mark and I'm not sure he came out with a fix for that. AFAIK there is no Pro Plug-In yet - could be wrong as there hasn't been much news on the 3.0 Plug-In threads lately. I didn't think to ask if you were using 3.0 - I would stick with 2.1 for now as 3.0 is in beta and in a bit of major flux at the moment. Glad you got it working!
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

I have not, and will not be updating the current 3.0 Open DMX plugin. There is too much uncertainty with 3.0 to make it worth my while. If something more stable comes out. I'll look at it.
    Check out what the Extreme Lighting Products Shop is selling!