Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nutcracker: LSP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nutcracker: LSP

For LSP, once you import, it will automatically open in a blank file. I suggest opening the file youre working on along with the import. You can copy the affect, switch tabs to your sequence and then paste to the point you wish. Select, "snap to nearest timings" and "use clipboard timings".
    5 houses using:
    Renard 64, 3 Ren24's, Ren8
    4 E682 pixel controllers
    2,300 WS2801 pixel nodes
    1200 dumb RGB
    Sequenced using LSP 2.5

Post Thanks / Like

I have fixed some bugs that were in the LOR lms file. Now the file imports into LOR with no errors.

Here is what a 10 second butterfly animation looks like in the LOR screen.

and here is what it looks like inside Nutcracker

Can someone who has LSP, try this lms file?
    It is 20 mbytes in size.

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/sequen...ZZ+FLY_0_0.lms

thanks
    Last edited by smeighan; 04-04-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, i gave this file a go and imported the LMS file into LSP V2, the file loaded without any errors.. The issue is that the controllers and channels imported as individual channels and not as RGB channels as one would expect and as you would have normally set up with RGB lighting so this may be something that needs looking into. Another issue is that the controllers missed the first 3 channels so the channel start is channel 4. One other note and this may be delibrate to save time for this example is that each controllers channel number are exactly the same. The controllers are based on LOR controllers which have controller numbers as where E1.31 and DMX use channel numbers and universes to map out the controllers not a biggie as this can be set up later manually by the user to his channel range, the issue is these are set in LSP as a light controller and not an RGB controller and if changing the controller back to an RGB controller turns all the sequenced channels white thus making the imported effect all white.
    Anyway great work Sean its really coming along and growing into one awsome program. Thanks for the effort.

LSP.JPG
    Last edited by fasteddy; 04-04-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com

http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php

Download the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual from http://auschristmaslighting.com/foru...ic,1889.0.html

Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
    Sean, i gave this file a go and imported the LMS file into LSP V2, the file loaded without any errors.. The issue is that the controllers and channels imported as individual channels and not as RGB channels as one would expect and as you would have normally set up with RGB lighting so this may be something that needs looking into. Another issue is that the controllers missed the first 3 channels so the channel start is channel 4. One other note and this may be delibrate to save time for this example is that each controllers channel number are exactly the same. The controllers are based on LOR controllers which have controller numbers as where E1.31 and DMX use channel numbers and universes to map out the controllers not a biggie as this can be set up later manually by the user to his channel range, the issue is these are set in LSP as a light controller and not an RGB controller and if changing the controller back to an RGB controller turns all the sequenced channels white thus making the imported effect all white.
    Anyway great work Sean its really coming along and growing into one awsome program. Thanks for the effort.

LSP.JPG
    Hi,
    missing the first pixel is because i do all animations locgically from the top of the tree (Nutcracker Pixel#1). When people build their tree targets they give me dimensions that dont work out evenly.

Let me give a simple example. If a have a 50 pixel string , folded in half. I have 25 pixels per strand. Assume you said 3" spacing between pixels. If you give me a height for your tree that doesnt add up to having a 75" hypotenuse. I will come to the bottom of the tree without having reached your last pixel. This is happening alot in peoples target models. When that happens i will not reach pixel #1 and pixle #50 while i am creating the animation.

I am going to maybe change how the target model works so that i ignore your height and just use pixels and the hypotenuse.

Anyways, that is why you see some pixels missing.

ill work on gettng it fixed.

I also wish i could do more for LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Some performance numbers loading this lms file into both LOR and LSP.

When i loaded the 20 mbyte file in LOR it took 8 seconds
    When i load the same file into LSP it took 37 seconds.

I have an HP desktop computer
    Windows Experience Index of rating of 5.9 (right click computer, properties to see your number)

Processor: Intel i7. 4 core, 8 threads at 2.67hz
    Windows 7, 64 bit
    Memory: 12gigs

Post Thanks / Like

LMS files have to be imported into LSP to be saved as a MSQ file. For me this process took well under 20 seconds and then once saved into a MSQ file i went and opened up the file and this time it took well under 10 seconds. Im running an i7 3.4ghz with 16gb of memory.
    WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com

http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php

Download the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual from http://auschristmaslighting.com/foru...ic,1889.0.html

Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smeighan View Post
    Some performance numbers loading this lms file into both LOR and LSP.

When i loaded the 20 mbyte file in LOR it took 8 seconds
    When i load the same file into LSP it took 37 seconds.

I have an HP desktop computer
    Windows Experience Index of rating of 5.9 (right click computer, properties to see your number)

Processor: Intel i7. 4 core, 8 threads at 2.67hz
    Windows 7, 64 bit
    Memory: 12gigs
    That makes sense, convert to msq and then load.

In my timings it looks like 16 seconds to do the conversion and 20 seconds to load it?

Here is a video of me importing into both LOR and LSP. Remember I have NEVER used either so i very well may be doing something wrong.
    http://meighan.net/nutcracker/tutorials/LOR_LSP.swf

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any reason that LSP need to import LOR files vs Vixen files? If you post the vixen file of this, I can give it a try and see if it changes anything. Probably wont though since vixen can't define the channels as RGB.
    5 houses using:
    Renard 64, 3 Ren24's, Ren8
    4 E682 pixel controllers
    2,300 WS2801 pixel nodes
    1200 dumb RGB
    Sequenced using LSP 2.5

Post Thanks / Like

I see you have a new generator coming out were you able to add ability to set up strings left to right having each row get less as it gets to top. first pixel is on bottom and i go up from left to right check out picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boarder3 View Post
    I see you have a new generator coming out were you able to add ability to set up strings left to right having each row get less as it gets to top. first pixel is on bottom and i go up from left to right check out picture.
    When i make the target generator, my effects are ecpecting strands that are vertical.

The line in green is what would make this have a Nutcracker orientation.

minitreepixeledit2.jpg

Since you already built it, my effects will be falling horizontally. Thinks like the butterfly probably dont matter, meteors may looks strange. Text wont work since you dont have at least a 7x9 pixel grid to project text on.

spirals again will be turned 90 degrees on your tree.

what i am thinking of offering is the ability for you to give me a file

The ascii file would be in this form (using my picture above as the model)
    # NUTCRACKER USER
    #STRAND PIXEL STRING PIXEL
    #-----------------------------------------------------
    6 1 1 23
    6 2 1 12
    6 3 1 8
    7 1 1 11
    7 2 1 9

I am going to also have t make some code changes because i currently expect megatrees, matrices and rays to all have the same strand length,

Using this mapping file method a person could build a 2d snowman. Always have the "top" start at Nutcracker Pixel#1 and have the strands go vertically.

snowman_target.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12