Thread: Vixen profile for a mega tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen profile for a mega tree - this sould save you an hour or two.

Hi, attached below is a Vixen 2.1 profile for a mega tree.
    It is 42 pixels per string (high) & 32 strings. All 4032 channels have been renamed S1 R1 r (String 1 Row 1 Red) through to S32 R42 b and had their colours set.
    There is an adjustable preview setup (it’s not tree shaped I’m afraid, just a rectangle).
    There are 74 different ‘reorder channels’ that you can use. 32 will reorder the channels in to string order and place the first pixel of a string at the top of the screen.
    The other 42 will reorder the channels in to rows and place the first pixel of a row at the top of the screen.
    I found the easiest way to produce a moving sequence was to:
    Set the order to string 1 - Create a sequence for string 1 – Copy string 1 (or the bit you need).
    Set the order to string 2 – There should be 1 highlighted time slot, this was the top left corner of the area you copied – Click on the time slot on the same row & directly to the right of it – Paste.
    Set the order to string 3 – you get the idea.
    This will create effects that go round the tree. To reverse the direction start at string 32 and work upwards. Setting the order to rows will produce effects that go up and down the tree.
    If the reorder channels doesn’t seem to work – check that you are not scrolled down the screen.
    Attached is the sequence I used to test the preview – if you look at it the bit above will make more sense.
    This should save you an hour or two, have fun.
    Profile-42Pix32StrTree.zip
    Sequence-2 min.zip
    Last edited by Barnabybear; 03-09-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added files.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen profile for a mega tree - this sould save you an hour or two.

Cool, thanks, It's stuff like this that is making my first year planning easier.

Scott