Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Group Buy for GE Color Effects at $33 each or less?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Group Buy for GE Color Effects at $33 each or less?

Yeah. The folks here who got some haven't complained about the functioning or appearance, tho, and the seller's eBay ratings are OK. Selling damaged goods as new and fully functional isn't well received on eBay, especially with hundreds of customers.

But I'm not vouching for them, I don't even have any - just guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 4 sets from that seller and they all function properly. The control box did have an X carved into the plastic. I'm guessing that's some marking after GE discards them and they no longer will be supported by them.
    [url]http://christmasonquiethills.com/[/url]
    [url]http://diychristmas.org/vb1/index.php[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

The original ebay posting said that there was a problem with the original power supply, and these have had the original power supply swapped out for the newly redesigned one.

I have 12 of those strands from that buyer.
    I ran them for at least an hour each and detected no problems.

If you are expecting to buy one of the hottest items of the year at 33% of retail, you have to expect to take a few chances, and not ask too many questions.

Rumor has it one of our fine Chinese exporters dumpster dives for the products he lists.
    I have counted up to 8 splices(10 segments/meter) in a one meter strip of 5050RGB LEDs.
    Has that stopped me from buying from him, nope.
    I just know what quality to expect and pad my order and expectations accordingly.

If you are going to question the source and motives of every seller that offers a bargain, maybe you need to look for other suppliers that only sell new product with full lifetime guarantees.
    Even some of those do not turn out so good, Either way you are taking a chance, there are no absolute guarantees.

</RANT OFF>

Joel
    If I no longer count channels... but instead say I have over 12 universes... Is that too many

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123